Jump to content
Justin62882

FYI: karu vibrashock and sieberts fogy

Recommended Posts

I know a few people are interested in these bladed jigs that havent purchased them. Lets start by saying I love throwing a chatterbait. I decided to branch out and try some new ones this year. So I purchased the sieberts fogy and karu lures vibrashock. Apparentally, the vibrashock uses a football head the blade bounced off the jig head causing a certain noise. I was intrigued. I've only heard good things about sieberts so i made my purchase. I received my karu lures Monday and today I just received my fogys. Both are phenomenal looking. However, getting to the point. They are Identical or appear identical at least... Same hook,same  size jighead, same blade and size. Same snap swivel and size. So for 1.10 less you can get the fogy. The fogy bubble is the same except the 2 more holes in the blade. But now i have a question for fogy users. The vibrashock blade is supposed to bounce off th jighead in the water  I will upload a photo hopefully. Does the fogy do the same? Regardless both are incredible looking recommend them both. The vibrashock below with the wear and tear on the football head from the blade. 

Screenshot_20180131-123238.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Siebert Outdoors mike could probably answer this

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Justin62882 said:

I know a few people are interested in these bladed jigs that havent purchased them. Lets start by saying I love throwing a chatterbait. I decided to branch out and try some new ones this year. So I purchased the sieberts fogy and karu lures vibrashock. Apparentally, the vibrashock uses a football head the blade bounced off the jig head causing a certain noise. I was intrigued. I've only heard good things about sieberts so i made my purchase. I received my karu lures Monday and today I just received my fogys. Both are phenomenal looking. However, getting to the point. They are Identical or appear identical at least... Same hook,same  size jighead, same blade and size. Same snap swivel and size. So for 1.10 less you can get the fogy. The fogy bubble is the same except the 2 more holes in the blade. But now i have a question for fogy users. The vibrashock blade is supposed to bounce off th jighead in the water  I will upload a photo hopefully. Does the fogy do the same? Regardless both are incredible looking recommend them both. The vibrashock below with the wear and tear on the football head from the blade. 

Screenshot_20180131-123238.png

Are you sure thats not wear and tear from rocks/rip rap? I threw the Vibrashock in a mud/grass bottom lake for a long time and never ended up with much wear, however when I started throwing/dragging it over rocks and rip rap it looked a lot like that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Justin62882 said:

Hmm. Idk it says on the website it's meant for the blade to hit the head of the jig. Why he uses football heads. I've read others reviews saying the paint wore down quick from the blade hitting the head. And this guy said this is from the blade. You would thing the paint on th3 front would be worn more so than on the sides where it looks like in th3 picture where the blade hits the head going back and forth. I have yet to try them. So I dont have first hand experience. 

 

The blade definitely hits the head. Now I want to test a brand new one to see if it happens throwing over open water.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Justin62882 said:

If you do anytime soon can you let me know? Gonna be a while here for me to fish 4 days of snow coming up it's saying. Have you tried the fogys at all? And how do you like the vibrashocks?

See your other thread to get my opinion on Vibrashocks ;). One of my favorite lures.

 

Unfortunately, there is about 18" of ice where I am at, so I won't be testing anytime soon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All my vibrashocks that I've used have marks from the blade hitting its head. It's supposed to. My most used ones have almost no paint left on the sides. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I first noticed this thread was wondering how long another sites sponsor would be allowed. As I recall Karu was Karl and Rubin who used a football head with Chatterbait coffin blade and was sued for infringement. The coffin shaped blade was changed and didn't see them around anymore. Paint chipping was a problem 6 years ago with this lure.

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, WRB said:

When I first noticed this thread was wondering how long another sites sponsor would be allowed. As I recall Karu was Karl and Rubin who used a football head with Chatterbait coffin blade and was sued for infringement. The coffin shaped blade was changed and didn't see them around anymore. Paint chipping was a problem 6 years ago with this lure.

Tom

I was wondering why the blade is different on the new ones from “Karu” that I have versus the old ones from “gotstafish”. The coffin blade with the football head are my favorite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dirtyeggroll said:

I was wondering why the blade is different on the new ones from “Karu” that I have versus the old ones from “gotstafish”. The coffin blade with the football head are my favorite.

Rad lures, Davis, invented the Chatterbait around 2006 and owns a patent for the lure.

Z-Man bought all rights to Chatterbait in 2008 and went after anyone making lures that infringed successfully. To get around the patent claims a different shaped blade (not coffin shaped) hit the market around 2010. If you look at Z-Man Chatterbait you see the coffin shaped blade and Tradename.

Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WRB said:

Rad lures, Davis, invented the Chatterbait around 2006 and owns a patent for the lure.

Z-Man bought all rights to Chatterbait in 2008 and went after anyone making lures that infringed successfully. To get around the patent claims a different shaped blade (not coffin shaped) hit the market around 2010. If you look at Z-Man Chatterbait you see the coffin shaped blade and Tradename.

Tom

if only Z-man would throw the coffin blade on a football head... My guess is that someone else has the patent for the football head bladed jig haha

 

The old vibrashocks had my favorite action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have fished a Fogy a ton and used different trailers on them for different effects of the bait.  The blade can and at times will hit the head.  Especially when it hits cover and bounces over it.  This torques the head when it moves and may hit the head.  Which in turn may chip the paint.  One of the biggest benefits of the football head I have found is how it comes over cover.  The football head acts like a skid plate on a truck going over obstacles.  It moves over it instead of rolling to the side and increasing the chance of hanging.  The negative of losing a little paint drastically outweighs losing the lure on a side roll. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×