Jump to content
parkerg31

Megabass Vision 110 issues

Recommended Posts

So I pulled out the jerk baits this weekend for the first time since last year, and my vision 110's are doing something really weird. They are floating nose up super fast. As soon as I finish twitching it the bait goes nose up and floats fast. Both of mine do it. I tried adding split rings and it did not help. I stored them indoors in good conditions this winter so the bait was not affected. Im fishing them on twelve pound fluro, the same rod and line from last year. Anybody got any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is crazy. Stock hooks? If so it may be worth going with a thin wire nano finesse on the back and a heavier gauge hook up front like a st-36. A lead strip up front would be another option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nose-up means the transfer weights are probably stuck in the tail (casting position)....They are supposed to roll back to the front as soon as you move the bait.  As for floating, the standard Vision 110 is not a suspending bait, it's a slow floater - Depending on water temp and your expectations it's normal slow float could appear 'fast'.  

 

If anything damaged the bait I would have guessed it would sink rather than float more, but strange things do happen.  I'd see if you can get the transfer weights unstuck and check it again...Just be careful with tapping or hitting it, the bills are not the strongest. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Casting weights and water temp. Give the bait a vigorous shake. Water temp affects rof, so keep that in mind as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bigturtle said:

what was it doing last year? suspend? slow float?

suspending perfectly!

 

1 hour ago, Logan S said:

Nose-up means the transfer weights are probably stuck in the tail (casting position)....They are supposed to roll back to the front as soon as you move the bait.  As for floating, the standard Vision 110 is not a suspending bait, it's a slow floater - Depending on water temp and your expectations it's normal slow float could appear 'fast'.  

 

If anything damaged the bait I would have guessed it would sink rather than float more, but strange things do happen.  I'd see if you can get the transfer weights unstuck and check it again...Just be careful with tapping or hitting it, the bills are not the strongest. 

I wil try and get the weights unstuck thanks for that advice! I get them stock slow floating but typically play with the hooks and split rings to make them suspend so these were already modified. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, deaknh03 said:

Casting weights and water temp. Give the bait a vigorous shake. Water temp affects rof, so keep that in mind as well.

This ^. (or they were affected by the demon chemtrail tiny fake airplane spraying...)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ErikmonBillsfon said:

I saw that a couple of weeks ago... I hate that video!  It makes me feel the need to frequently open up all my tackle boxes and check my hardbaits!  ;)  

 

Tight lines,

Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2018 at 11:45 PM, parkerg31 said:

suspending perfectly!

 

I wil try and get the weights unstuck thanks for that advice! I get them stock slow floating but typically play with the hooks and split rings to make them suspend so these were already modified. 

Next time get the FX tour premium 110 and they'll suspend perfectly, the slow float works great as in the summer time. When the water gets warm the slow float will draw more bites then a suspending bait

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MDBowHunter said:

Next time get the FX tour premium 110 and they'll suspend perfectly, the slow float works great as in the summer time. When the water gets warm the slow float will draw more bites then a suspending bait

Or for just $17 dollars more you can get the Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious model with extended radar package, undercoating and HD. And that is why I buy Rapala Husky Jerks which are still on sale at Cabela's online. Just $4 to $6 bucks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gundog said:

Or for just $17 dollars more you can get the Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious model with extended radar package, undercoating and HD. And that is why I buy Rapala Husky Jerks which are still on sale at Cabela's online. Just $4 to $6 bucks. 

HJs are great, but no 2 are the same. I have some that flat out float, some that sink, and some that (almost) suspend, and that's not a bad thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, reason said:

HJs are great, but no 2 are the same. I have some that flat out float, some that sink, and some that (almost) suspend, and that's not a bad thing. 

I've never had that problem straight out of the package and I got about 20 of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ErikmonBillsfon said:

It's interesting that he has a Live Target sticker on the carpet.  Every single on of the live craws I bought did this, with the exception of one color.  These were stored inside.  I have multiples of every size and color.  Thankfully, BPS refunded me for the blowe'd up baits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Gundog said:

I've never had that problem straight out of the package and I got about 20 of them. 

As far as I can tell, it happens with different production runs, and when they changed countries of manufacturing, and to a lesser degree colors. I will say that the newer ones (like last 4-5 years) are more uniform. I own over a hundred. They catch a lot of fish for me, I just wish they would cast better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the exact same thing happen with two different 110’s last year. I contacted megabass and they sent me a form to print out and shipped them back. I got two brand new ones in the mail the next week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MichaelJ7 said:

I had the exact same thing happen with two different 110’s last year. I contacted megabass and they sent me a form to print out and shipped them back. I got two brand new ones in the mail the next week

do you have to send them back? One of mine is that bait that I really don't want to get rid of because it caught so many fish. I just want it to work again lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well this is one of those things I wish I had never known about and I could continue to live in blissful ignorance.  Looked through some of my jerkbaits and cranks to find this issue.  You'll see a recurring theme that its MB baits showing the expansion.  I measured some lures compared to their counter parts and you can see in some cases, like the 110 +1 shown below, there was an expansion of 2mm!  Thats pretty surprising.

 

Some of the lures that show expansion have never been fished, like the Shading and the bait I forgot its origin with adjustable weight system (MTB box origins).  The Flap Slaps have never been fished and were in fact purchased only 8 months ago!  

I don't own a boat, so my lure don't get left in hot storage lockers in the sun all the time.  Most of the time my lures are in planos in the garage.  Pretty frustrated and confused as to what can be done to avoid this happening in the future??

IMG_2968.JPG

IMG_2967.JPG

IMG_2969.JPG

IMG_2970.JPG

IMG_2972.JPG

IMG_2971.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2018 at 2:27 PM, parkerg31 said:

do you have to send them back? One of mine is that bait that I really don't want to get rid of because it caught so many fish. I just want it to work again lol

Yes you have to send them back with the form filled out. One form per bait. It seemed like they were aware of the problem because I had new ones within a week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2018 at 9:25 PM, Logan S said:

Nose-up means the transfer weights are probably stuck in the tail (casting position)....They are supposed to roll back to the front as soon as you move the bait.  As for floating, the standard Vision 110 is not a suspending bait, it's a slow floater - Depending on water temp and your expectations it's normal slow float could appear 'fast'.  

 

If anything damaged the bait I would have guessed it would sink rather than float more, but strange things do happen.  I'd see if you can get the transfer weights unstuck and check it again...Just be careful with tapping or hitting it, the bills are not the strongest. 

 

Every time I've had weights stick on a Megabass they sink like rocks tail first, floaters and suspenders both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing forum

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×