Jump to content
DropShotHotShot

Anyone use the new Tatula LT spinning reel?

Recommended Posts

Curious who has used them and if they are worth the money over a $80-100 reel? Looking to use on a dropshot setup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DropShotHotShot said:

Curious who has used them and if they are worth the money over a $80-100 reel? Looking to use on a dropshot setup.

Based solely on the reviews I've read, it is a great

reel. Very light, good drag, and so forth.

 

Have not put my hands on one yet. I'm a Stradic

guy, but with big respect for Daiwa reels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Handled one today at Cabelas,Very smooth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't used one yet, but the monkey won't shut up about it. Just sold my last Shimano spinning reel last week off my shakyhead rod, which leaves a need for a new reel. He already got me for some jerkbaits yesterday, not sure if or for how long I can fight him off about a new reel.

Image result for fishing monkey

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use casting gear 99% of the time, but wanted to pick up one good spinning reel this year. I went a little crazy and bought a jdm exsence which was amazing, but way too much reel for what I really needed so I came to my senses and sold it. Ultimately I ended up getting the sterling version of the tatula for less than half of what the exsence was and to be honest I can't really tell much of a difference in performance. It's smooth, most spinning reels cast the same distance depending on size of arbor, it feels solid, the drag is nice and it's light. It's paired with 7' a helium3 ML which is also really light. I hold the reel with all of my fingers in front of the stem so balance is good, but if I didn't it would be tip heavy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have two and am waiting for the ice to melt.  I bought one of the sterling silver ones, which only comes in the 3000 size, and a 2000 size "regular" Tatula LT that I am putting on a light action rod.   On the second reel, I probably would've just bought the Fuego LT for $99 if it came in the 2000 size, since the 2000 seemed to match the rod I'd picked out and that also is a really nice reel.  My Cabela's was running a promotion where you get a nice coupon towards a new rod or reel if you donate one, and there also is a promo going where you can get a Daiwa Huk shirt for $5 if you buy a Tatula, so my bait monkey was able to justify the extra $$$.  

 

With all that being said, if it works with your rod, I am in awe of the sterling silver reel.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have had any experience with one but I did see one at Dick's. It felt nice and light and roughly comparable with the CI4+.

 

I ended up going with the BG which I was extremely impressed with for the price and don't mind the extra weight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I handled the Tatula 1000 spinning reel last week at a spring Fishing show.  I was inquiring on light reels for my ultra light Crappie setup.   It was in impressive reel.  It was very high quality.  In playing with it for a little while I noticed it was a smooth as silk.  I highly coveted it.  But alas ... it was twice my budget.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Kawartha Angler said:

I handled the Tatula 1000 spinning reel last week at a spring Fishing show.  I was inquiring on light reels for my ultra light Crappie setup.   It was in impressive reel.  It was very high quality.  In playing with it for a little while I noticed it was a smooth as silk.  I highly coveted it.  But alas ... it was twice my budget.

Welcome aboard!

 

1000 is my preferred bass fishing reel size :) 

I'd drop to a 500 for UL...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Darren. said:

Welcome aboard!

 

1000 is my preferred bass fishing reel size :) 

I'd drop to a 500 for UL...

 

I go 500 for ice fishing.

My preferred UL for Crappie is 1000.

My preferred 'standard' for bass is 2500.

 

 

fishing_gear_costs_more_than_telling_wife.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Owning the LT Tatula so far yes it’s worth the price, super smooth in all its functions and lightweight. Have yet to fish it but a local store had 20% off on reel which made it hard to say no. Can’t wait to fish it, sits on my Cronos Med Fast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t have the Tatula LT but I do have the Ballistic LT which is worse very similar I’d suppose. It’s very smooth and light.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have two Tatula LT 2000. I love them, they are my favorite spinning reels. The bail operation is fantastic, no line management issues at all, it's as smooth as any reel I've tried with a drag that's smooth as can be and they cast great. I just beat the hell out of it for two weeks in Michigan fighting some tough small and largemouth bass and the reel has handled anything I've hooked up with. I'm talking over 4lb fish. I also use Shimano Stradic FK and Pflueger Supreme Xt reels.

For me the Tatula LT is the best of the bunch. I got my two Tatula LT's on ebay for $135 ea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up the Silver Edition - Really Like it. 

:smiley:

A-Jay

 

1979871780_Diawadropshotrod.png.450bf0ae3ff37efd79e172bbf61d8dc9.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, A-Jay said:

Picked up the Silver Edition - Really Like it. 

:smiley:

A-Jay

 

1979871780_Diawadropshotrod.png.450bf0ae3ff37efd79e172bbf61d8dc9.png

Never hurts when a rig not only feels nice, but looks sweet too. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have fished them and imo its the best $150 spinning reel I have ever used. I will be replacing my Stradic FK with one sometime this year and at that point I will be all Daiwa. One thing that should be pointed out is the Tatula has no seals on it so if you hit the salt or wade fish it might be something to keep in mind.

 

The 2000 is the perfect size for bass fishing imo its smaller than a Shimano 2500 let has similar line capacities. 

 

If you check out tackle advisors YouTube channel he has done some great and in depth reviewers of the new Daiwa offerings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked up a couple during the TW sale over the weekend. They showed up yesterday, were spooled up and on the water later in the afternoon. I got the regular LT in 2000 size. As said above it's a great size. The rotor on my 1000 size ci4+ reels occasionally whack my fingers if I'm not paying attention and that's no longer going to be a problem with the Tatula. It's very smooth and my initial impression is good. Time will tell if that impression remains.

 

The SS has a shallow spool and larger main gear for $10 more. They're not as easy to find, though. TW took them off their Daiwa page, so I'm not sure if they were a limited edition or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Bluebasser86 said:

Never hurts when a rig not only feels nice, but looks sweet too. 

LOL ~ Didn't really know if I was going to like it . . . . 

:smiley:

A-Jay

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, BankBasser said:

I picked up a couple during the TW sale over the weekend. They showed up yesterday, were spooled up and on the water later in the afternoon. I got the regular LT in 2000 size. As said above it's a great size. The rotor on my 1000 size ci4+ reels occasionally whack my fingers if I'm not paying attention and that's no longer going to be a problem with the Tatula. It's very smooth and my initial impression is good. Time will tell if that impression remains.

 

The SS has a shallow spool and larger main gear for $10 more. They're not as easy to find, though. TW took them off their Daiwa page, so I'm not sure if they were a limited edition or not?

The SS was a limited run

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 1000 size Tatula LT spinning reel is on my Father's day wish list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the Ballistic LT 2500 and a Tatula LT 3000 and boy.. they are sweet! The ballistic 2500 is as nice as my CI4+ as far as weight & drag goes. I also have a Stradic FK and I would easily take the Tatula LT over it just based on weight. 

 

Theres some very in-depth tear down videos on youtube on the new LT reels and the quality of the main gears is really outstanding. Daiwa really went nuts with the internals on these reels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing forum

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×