iceintheveins

Favorite Underspins and Trailers

Given these have been big time players in cold water classics, what are your favorite underspin models and trailers? Do you prefer a low action trailer like a fluke or a paddle tail trailer in water under the upper 40s?

I haven't fished any underspins before but I'd like to. The one that looks the best to me is the Blade Runner Spintrix or the Owner Flashy Swimmer hooks with underspin.

Don’t have a favorite, but they can also be used for suspended bass in the Summer

I've always had more luck with the paddle tail trailers than the fluke type. Even in cold water.

1 hour ago, Brett's_daddy said:

I haven't fished any underspins before but I'd like to. The one that looks the best to me is the Blade Runner Spintrix or the Owner Flashy Swimmer hooks with underspin.

I have fished the spintrix they are nice underspins. Put a reaction innovations skinny dippers on the back and have at it that's what I do and I enjoy fishing them

I use Dave's Tournament Tackle swim shad underspins. For trailers usually Keitech easy shiner or fat impact. Gonna try the SK menace this yr. Colder water slow rolling letting it bump bottom. Say 55 or above, bring it back as I would a spinnerbait. 

Underspins don't need to be a cool or cold-water bait -- they can be effective all year, and even in places that don't have any shad or herring.  One thing about fluke-style trailers: without the paddle tail there is less resistance and they fall faster, so they pair better with lighter weight heads if you're going to fish them slow.

• Like 1

These are my favorite, Venom Lure Slingblades 3/8 Gold Colorado blade with a 4.3" Keitech Swing Fat Impact.

I can slow roll it and both the blade and paddle tail have great action.

PmXFdQT.jpg?1

I've only had 1 issue and that was when I got a bit hit this summer, the blade came off from the wire loop. Dave (owner?) at Venom Lures took care of it promptly, I sent him a picture of the Slingblade, and tacklewarehouse receipt and he mailed me a new blade and got it 4 days later.

I have other variations of underspins (Roadrunner, Owner, Trokar, Coolbaits Down Under, Trokar Swim Blade), but I like the Venom Slingblade the best, mostly because of the weedless factor and how many options it comes in (weight, blade color & type, and body color and type).

• Like 1

A few years ago on a Bass Resource Road Trip to Pickwick I had my best day ever. 78 bass almost 

exclusively on a Sworming Hornet/ LFT Live Magic Shad.

:easter-119:

The only one I have tried is the Sworming Hornet. I have had the most luck with the smokin shad color and same color with a swimming fluke on it.