The more that i do research on baitcasters the more i want my next one to be a Lew’s. i want someone who has or has had problems with them to tell me how they liked or disliked theirs. i see a lot of people with lew’s rods and was wondering if their reels are just as good. i am deciding between a Lew’s or a Diawa.

I have eight Lew's reels (I finally did a reel inventory) that I enjoy very much and that have been 100% reliable.  I will continue to buy them.

Tight lines,

Bob

• Thanks 1

I own two Lew’s and eleven Daiwas. That’s not to say a Lews isn’t a quality reel, I just prefer a Daiwa. Aftermarket parts are much easier to find for the Daiwas if you ever decide you want to upgrade and not purchase a whole new reel. 

I have/ have had the BB1, BB1 Inshore, BB1 Pro, Hyper Mag SLP, and the Tournament Pro. They offer a lot of features for the money, but I haven't found them to be overly durable. On nearly every one I've owned, the gears have noticeably worn over the course of a year. They don't seem to stay as smooth, for as long, as a similarly priced Daiwa or Shimano, in my experience. I wish they'd stop trying to make everything super light and put more durable brass gears in their top offerings.

Which models? Compare similarly equipped and priced reels and see what you like. Once you get north of $125 on a baitcast reel from a major brand it's hard to go wrong. 

• Like 3

Lews is by far my favorite, I wasn’t one to jump on the Daiwa  bandwagon because I much prefer my lews reels

I've been using some original tournament pros for 5 years and a few tournament pro g's for a cple. My dad uses all lews as well and we haven't had any issues to date. I do break em down and clean/lube every year or so. Had one that came with a funky side plate and they sent me a new one no questions asked. Awesome reels with excellent customer service is all I need in reels. I'd buy with confidence! Daiwa and shimano make fine reels but I prefer my lews! Good luck 

Tournament MB is fantastic, that's the only Lews I've owned as I'm currently on a Tatula kick. 😁

I have 2 tournament mb and a bb1 that I absolutely love. I will be replacing all my reels with the mb eventually. 

Own 3 Tournament MB reels.  Next reel will likely be the same.  A lot of reel for the $.

I have a BB1 and two tournament MB reels. The BB1 and one MB reel have been good. One MB reel casts good but you can feel the handle tighten up and get harder to turn after a while. I have taken it apart and lubed it several times. This helps for a while then it will start to tighten up again. Also I am not a fan of magnetic brakes and the ones on the MB reels seem so weak I can't tell they do much so I leave them turned off. I wish I had spent a little more and bought the different gear ratios in the BB1