Justbass11

Another frog question

I haven’t used frogs a whole lot and really just started getting more serious about using them and now have a rod rig just for frog fishing.  My question is this...when using a soft plastic frog is it better to use a double hook or a single hook setup??? I hope this question makes sense and thanks for your reply’s and have a blessed day

IMO more hooks=more hookups. So I'm gonna take the double over the single everyday of the year

By soft plastic do you mean like horny toads and Stanley ribbitt frogs? Or hollow body frogs?

Sounds like you're talking about toads, not, hollow frogs. I prefer a single hook for toads.

7 hours ago, CroakHunter said:

By soft plastic do you mean like horny toads and Stanley ribbitt frogs? Or hollow body frogs?

I’m am talking about the toads, just want to make sure I’m using the right hooks

33 minutes ago, Justbass11 said:

I’m am talking about the toads, just want to make sure I’m using the right hooks

I prefer a single hook because then you can make it super seedless and toss it into the nastiest of cover with 0 fear of hanging up

• Thanks 1

I think the toads run a little truer with a single hook but I agree too that the double hook helps in the hook up ratio. It's pick your poison - Do you want the bait to run truer and lose the better hook up or do you want to bog it down a little with a double hook and have better success when setting the hook? Personally, I go with the single hook because nothing matters if there is no strike. 

• Thanks 1