Shaggie

I need help with reel ID/parts

I picked up a Cabelas Arachnid 100H for pretty cheap today. The reason it was so cheap is because it's missing the cast control cap as Daiwa calls it. I cannot find this reel in the Daiwa parts breakdowns anywhere. It's labeled as an Arachnid 100H but the tag on it says 100HL. Is this the same reel as a Tatula 100HL? Are the parts interchangeable? Where can I get a cap? Did I make a $50 mistake?

4 hours ago, Shaggie said:

I picked up a Cabelas Arachnid 100H for pretty cheap today. The reason it was so cheap is because it's missing the cast control cap as Daiwa calls it. I cannot find this reel in the Daiwa parts breakdowns anywhere. It's labeled as an Arachnid 100H but the tag on it says 100HL. Is this the same reel as a Tatula 100HL? Are the parts interchangeable? Where can I get a cap? Did I make a $50 mistake?

The cast control knob is part J00-4702, you can call Daiwa to buy the part, or go here: https://www.mikesreelrepair.com/j00-4702-cast-control-cap/

Great reel with a lifetime warranty (even for a rebranded Cabela's item) for $50.

Its just an older model type R reel

It’s a first gen tatula type r that was made for Cabela’s by Daiwa. Call Daiwa and speak with Thelma. She will get you all squared away. There’s also options for aftermarket cast caps too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rippin-lips said:

It’s a first gen tatula type r that was made for Cabela’s by Daiwa. Call Daiwa and speak with Thelma. She will get you all squared away. There’s also options for aftermarket cast caps too. 

Daiwa has always been great to deal with. When I've needed smaller inexpensive parts they often send them to me for no charge. That's how you keep customers 

9 hours ago, rippin-lips said:

Got any links? I'm looking and can't seem to find many.

1 hour ago, Shaggie said:

Got any links? I'm looking and can't seem to find many.

Ray’s Studio offers an aftermarket cast cap in a handful of colors.