Sign in to follow this  
A-Jay

Lund 1875 Pro-V Bass Boat Two Year Review (Video)

:smiley:

A-Jay

• Like 4

Great video A-Jay.  I purchased a new Ranger RT188 this spring.  I liked what I read on the web about Lund Renegade but decided not to look at it because I was 100 miles from the nearest dealer.  I regret at least not taking a look at it in person.  I've heard nothing but good things about Lund.

• Like 1

I would have to agree with you on the boat. I’ve had mine since April and  have over 30 hours on it, great boat. One thing I would recommend to Lund is they make the bench be split when lifting up. Sucks driver has to get up for something under the seat. If they made it 60/40 split would be an improvement. Only other issue I’ve had is the set screws for the bike seat that hold the height adjustment lever keeps working loose. My only 2 gripes I have. I run and fish my boat hard upper Chesapeake and Susquehanna, boat handles it all. Nice review, I to what to repower. I’m running the 150 4 stroke, want the 200 pro xs v8 as well. Waiting for you to make the move to see your thoughts.lol  Like you that’s for another time maybe next year.

• Like 1

@Mainthrust

Repower complete ~   

A-Jay

• Like 1

Good review! I stepped out of my boat for the last time 10 years ago when I got my first kayak and eventually sold the boat. (Couldn't justify letting it sit idle.) Sometimes I miss it. Always told myself that if I got another boat it would probably be a Lund. Lund should hire you...you do good reviews.

Looks real good I’m still kicking around swapping my out 150 for that 200. Dealer doesn’t want my 150 so I would have to sell it out right. What size shaft do you have on that new motor? My boat came with 25” 150. That looks like a 20”. You said you went with a manual jp? 

I was trying to save some money. lol 

I installed an atlas 4” jp picked up 1 mph. Wide open jp raised 2-3” up, I can hit 51 and change. I would assume and hope you break 60 mph full throttle. 

15 minutes ago, Mainthrust said:

Looks real good I’m still kicking around swapping my out 150 for that 200. Dealer doesn’t want my 150 so I would have to sell it out right. What size shaft do you have on that new motor? My boat came with 25” 150. That looks like a 20”. You said you went with a manual jp? 

I was trying to save some money. lol 

I installed an atlas 4” jp picked up 1 mph. Wide open jp raised 2-3” up, I can hit 51 and change. I would assume and hope you break 60 mph full throttle. 

Transom is 25 inches so the whatever power plant is hung on it will have to be the "L" or 25 inch shaft. 

Yes went with a 6 inch Sea Star manual jack plate - needed to get the motor away from the boat a bit for the SI transducer.  Still working on the break-in so extended WOT isn't happening yet.  

I can tell you that with the 200 hp Optimax WOT I was just under 60 mph.  

This rig is doing that a little past 3/4 WOT - so it looks like I'll get a couple more mph when it all said & done.

Bet there's a market for your 150 - figuring the hours and if it's still got some warranty left. 

Good Luck

A-Jay