NorthernBasser

Yum Tip Toad vs Stanley Ribbit

So, I've never been one to fish soft body frogs/toads much. Usually just the hollow bodied. 

But today I figured I'd put to use some Stanley Ribbit's (the 3.5") that have been getting neglected for a few years.

The bass (and pike) were all over it. I couldn't burn it fast enough for them. Good times! 

Anyways, one bait was good for maybe 2 fish. They tore quite easily. I was using a 4/0 EWG hook. Would a screw lock work better on these?

Also, how does the Yum Tip Toad compare to the Ribbit? Sound-wise? Durability? 

Thanks!

I throw Ribbits, sometimes it holds up for 4-5 fish sometimes not!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Catt said:

I throw Ribbits, sometimes it holds up for 4-5 fish sometimes not!

TX rig or screw lock? 

• Like 1

My best results have been Tex-posing with a 4/0, 5/0 on these type of baits instead of screwlocks. The Manns are quite a bit more durable.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Manns_HardnoseSwim_Toad_5_5pk/descpage-MHNT.html

• Like 1

I like the action and price the the Tip Toad better. A dollar less a pack for the same number of baits and they have a great action. Durability is about the same. I use a screwlock hook and usually get 3-5 fish a bait. 

• Like 1

Try the Stanley Top Toad! It's soft plastic, but hollow-bodied and rigged on a screwlock, and double hook. The frog comes right off the hook when you hook up so it doesn't take much damage. Really good hook-up ratio with it too!

• Like 1

Haven't tried tip toad yet,but I do good on Stanley ribbit with keel weighted1/8 oz, 5/0 swimbait hook ,skin hooked.Seems with with weighted swimbait hook causes more of a wake and I get more bites that way instead of weightless for some reason.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NorthernBasser said:

TX rig or screw lock? 

EWG 4/0 😉

It is my belief that you can have lures in your tackle box or fish in the livewell...ya can't have both!

If one Ribbit catches one bass it has done it's job, any more than that is lagniappe. 

When I get home!

images (2).jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Catt said:

EWG 4/0 😉

It is my belief that you can have lures in your tackle box or fish in the livewell...ya can't have both!

If one Ribbit catches one bass it has done it's job, any more than that is lagniappe. 

When I get home!

images (2).jpeg

Ya know, I have a bottle of Mend-It, and didn't even think about using it on these. :annoyed1: