Jump to content
kent113

A rigs!?!

Recommended Posts

Hello,  I was wondering what brand arig everyone likes to throw?  Im looking to pick up a couple more but just curious what everyone likes.  Right now I have a yum brella jr. but the quality doesnt seem to be there.  also what weights do you use for jig heads?  Ive heard that you want to use different sizes to balance it out.  thanks for the help. kent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the various Picasso rigs, good quality, reasonable prices. I typically use 1/4 oz Buckeye Lures light wire jigheads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

YUM Flash mob with 1/8 or 1/4 oz heads that I pour. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok I’ve been thinking about it lately. I don’t own an A-rig. I’ve never fished one. Am I missing out terribly or what? They’ve just always looked like they’d be super clumsy and cumbersome to cast and whatnot. 

 

If I am missing out, I’ll get one. What are the conditions ideally to be throwing one of these things?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ItsHardwick said:

Ok I’ve been thinking about it lately. I don’t own an A-rig. I’ve never fished one. Am I missing out terribly or what? They’ve just always looked like they’d be super clumsy and cumbersome to cast and whatnot. 

 

If I am missing out, I’ll get one. What are the conditions ideally to be throwing one of these things?

When the bite is on, yes, you are 100% missing out on one of the best bites of the year, especially for big fish. The cold water period when the baitfish are schooled up tightly and bass are gorging on them is the best time to fish them. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok. Well that’s good to know lol. What size/how many arms would you start with? Also, are they not a giant pain to cast or is that just a bad assumption I made from the look of them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ItsHardwick said:

Ok. Well that’s good to know lol. What size/how many arms would you start with? Also, are they not a giant pain to cast or is that just a bad assumption I made from the look of them?

Depends on your local regs. 5 if it's allowed for sure. They're not the easiest thing in the world to cast, but with the right equipment, they're not as difficult as they look. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks boss. Off to the TWRA website to look up the regs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ItsHardwick said:

Ok. Well that’s good to know lol. What size/how many arms would you start with? Also, are they not a giant pain to cast or is that just a bad assumption I made from the look of them?

The YUM Flash Mob Jr. is easy to cast or troll. In Tennessee you are only allowed three arms with hooks, two on the outside and one in the middle. Add a silver blade to the other arms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

Depends on your local regs. 5 if it's allowed for sure. They're not the easiest thing in the world to cast, but with the right equipment, they're not as difficult as they look. 

Never thrown an A rig, but was thinking about trying it.  What would you consider the right equipment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Troy1985s said:

Never thrown an A rig, but was thinking about trying it.  What would you consider the right equipment?

A heavy enough rod to cast the TOTAL weight (heads, baits, rig), long butt to put under your armpit for leverage and to reduce fatigue. A reel with a good amount of line capacity to hold some good 20lb copolymer line. I use a Dobyns Fury 795 with a Curado 300E spooled with 20lb Big Game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×