Jump to content
Munkin

New jighead

Recommended Posts

 

 

20180826_181057_resized.jpg

 

 

New jighead I started making to use on slider rigs, what does everyone think.

 

Allen

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use a lot of sliders, keep hoping a mold will come out for them but I don't think they're popular enough with today's fishermen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I might ask... what is the advantage your jig has over the existing Brewer jig selection?

 

 

oe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd have sworn that I have some Brewer slider ball heads like that, but I don't see any on his site with 90 deg. tie.  I'll have to take a look when I get home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OkobojiEagle said:

If I might ask... what is the advantage your jig has over the existing Brewer jig selection?

 

 

oe

They cost about $0.20 each to make instead of $1-1.25 for a Brewer head.

 

Allen

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

I use a lot of sliders, keep hoping a mold will come out for them but I don't think they're popular enough with today's fishermen. 

I bought some hooks off Facebook but so far I have not found a mold they will work in. Looking at creating my own mold since they only cost $0.05 each.

 

Allen

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Bluebasser86 said:

I use a lot of sliders, keep hoping a mold will come out for them but I don't think they're popular enough with today's fishermen. 

Yea, I don't know why though, they are the best "pre-rigged t-tig" I have come across.  They are my go-to for t-rigging Zoom Lizards, Robos, Rage Menaces, and small curly tail worms.  I just used them tonight in fact, a 1/16oz Slider Spider with a Swamp Crawler on it, maybe the best "bass" presentation I have found for Light power spinning rods.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Choporoz said:

I'd have sworn that I have some Brewer slider ball heads like that, but I don't see any on his site with 90 deg. tie.  I'll have to take a look when I get home.

turns out mine are not 90°

Owner Ultra heads aren't 90, either...be interesting to see how those work for you....I don't know enough about line tie nuances to imagine how it will be different

20180830_201424_crop_368x239.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The two I have been using for years are the Jobee (which I have a custom mold for) and the Owner heads. I will get some pics and post later.

 

Allen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2018 at 8:32 PM, fishwizzard said:

Yea, I don't know why though, they are the best "pre-rigged t-tig" I have come across.  They are my go-to for t-rigging Zoom Lizards, Robos, Rage Menaces, and small curly tail worms.  I just used them tonight in fact, a 1/16oz Slider Spider with a Swamp Crawler on it, maybe the best "bass" presentation I have found for Light power spinning rods.  

They're the very best way to fish thin finesse worms T-rigged or any other small plastic that is too little/thin for a shakyhead. They're part of my secret baits for big fish at a heavily pressured local lake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

owner-ultra-head-finesse-type-hook_jpg.jpg.20b10964e0a865c286a462a14b7a42ac.jpgJobee.jpg.0fcb400300368d427452b6f767eb828a.jpg

Here are the Owner and Jobee style heads I have been using. I still need to get a pic of the Owner jigheads that are like the Slider ones.

 

Allen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2018 at 5:13 AM, Choporoz said:

turns out mine are not 90°

Owner Ultra heads aren't 90, either...be interesting to see how those work for you....I don't know enough about line tie nuances to imagine how it will be different

20180830_201424_crop_368x239.jpg

Either do I, but the slop I fish in I need that vertical line tie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Munkin said:

owner-ultra-head-finesse-type-hook_jpg.jpg.20b10964e0a865c286a462a14b7a42ac.jpgJobee.jpg.0fcb400300368d427452b6f767eb828a.jpg

Here are the Owner and Jobee style heads I have been using. I still need to get a pic of the Owner jigheads that are like the Slider ones.

 

Allen

 

If you like those Owners, take a look at the Decoy NailBomb jig heads;

J5IvRMe.jpg

 

I have settled on them at the best "weedless Ned" jig head that I can find and they are great for thin worms as well.  I like the perpendicular line tie for fishing in current and with the soft zman plastics or with thin worms like Robos, the smaller hookgap isn't an issue and the more compact total package again helps with preventing snags.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fishwizzard said:

 

If you like those Owners, take a look at the Decoy NailBomb jig heads;

J5IvRMe.jpg

 

I have settled on them at the best "weedless Ned" jig head that I can find and they are great for thin worms as well.  I like the perpendicular line tie for fishing in current and with the soft zman plastics or with thin worms like Robos, the smaller hookgap isn't an issue and the more compact total package again helps with preventing snags.   

 

I have some of the bullethead Decoy and the hooks are very small. They do work great on 3" Kuttail worms and 4lb line for really clear water.

 

Allen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Munkin said:

I have some of the bullethead Decoy and the hooks are very small. They do work great on 3" Kuttail worms and 4lb line for really clear water.

 

Allen

Oh, I think I have some of those as well, they look very similar to the owner bulletheafs but with an extremely fine wire hook, right?  I don't think I ever fished them as the hooks been out under such little finger pressure that I didn't really know what to make of them.  

 

The Nailbombs have a hook far closer in thickness to the owner Ultrahead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×