Otter17

BPS Tourney Special Baitcast Reel?

Looking to pick up a low pro reel. Just a decent budget friendly one. I won’t be using it a ton. Just to have with me when I do need to use it. But I definitely don’t want any really cheap piece of garbage ones either. 

Would this Tourney Special Reel be a decent one to buy? Anyone have any experience with these? Not looking to spend more than $70.

Thanks all!

Take a look at some of the KastKing stuff.  Several guys like the Assassin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I recommend the Daiwa Fuego CT.  $65 on eBay. Best baitcaster you can buy for under 100.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m no diawa fan but if that’s your budget I would go with the Fuego ct that’s just going to be the most solid best bang for your money reel at sub 70$ Or the casitas but it’s not gonna last as long with its plastics frame.

• Thanks 1

Lews LFS or Fuego. Both can be found in the 60-75 range. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I appreciate all your suggestion guys! 

I was doing a little thinking, and I really want the reel to last. I’ve never owned a bad Shimano Reel. I own the:

Curado 300E

Tekota 600

Corvalus 300 And 400

Sedona Fi 3000

I know it’s over my stated budget, but I think I’m just going to jump up to the Citica 200i. I’m assuming this is a reel that I can trust and count on for a while.

• Like 1

Citica I is a great reel.  I've got a JDM Scorpion 200 (same reel) and other than the occasional brake noise thing (another subject) it's my go to for heavier work. You can find them around $100 on the bay.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Bassman said:

Citica I is a great reel.  I've got a JDM Scorpion 200 (same reel) and other than the occasional brake noise thing (another subject) it's my go to for heavier work. You can find them around $100 on the bay.

Definitely it sweet reel and JDM even better but the regular citica i is still a very good real if you can get it for 70 bucks.

6 hours ago, Otter17 said:

I appreciate all your suggestion guys! 

I was doing a little thinking, and I really want the reel to last. I’ve never owned a bad Shimano Reel. I own the:

Curado 300E

Tekota 600

Corvalus 300 And 400

Sedona Fi 3000

I know it’s over my stated budget, but I think I’m just going to jump up to the Citica 200i. I’m assuming this is a reel that I can trust and count on for a while.

Why not just get the curado I it will last you forever if you take care of it the bearings are better than the citica I and the curado I should be attainable for a 100 bucks keep checking flebay.

• Thanks 1

Thankyou burrows, for letting me know about that. I’ll check it out. 👍

• Like 1

I got a couple fuego reels this year and really nice for $55-$60..

• Like 1