Jump to content
JawjaBoy

East Tennessee Expo?

Recommended Posts

Ok, I did a search and didn't find anything so I figured I'd just ask here.  I saw an ad for this expo recently and it looks like an heck of a show!  Seriously thinking about going, but it's a 5 1/2 hour drive so I wanted to ask a few questions for anyone who's been.  What can I expect having never been to a show of this size?  What companies, vendors, pros, etc. can I expect to see there?  Any good deals to be had?  And is it even marginally wife friendly(!)?  Please forgive me if this has been talked about before and I missed it!  Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe the owner of Bunch Marine runs this show and I have been going since I moved to East Tennessee nine years ago.  It has grown and grown and personally....I really enjoy.  As far as wife friendly....if she likes fishing it's a great show.  If not...you can stay an extra day and take her over to the tourist area around Dollywood.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never been but thats because I'm always fishing instead. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2018 at 8:01 AM, TnRiver46 said:

I've never been but that because I'm always fishing instead. 

Mostly me too...but I do set a day aside and go with a friend or two.  After all I'm a bass fishing junkie and do love to support the habit even though I have almost everything.  Don't spend much...but before I got diverticulitis so much I loved the honey coated/crusted pecans they sell there.....amazing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve also heard there’s all kinds of free stuff they typically are giving away 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys I’m super new here. I will be traveling to Knoxville for a football game Saturday the 3rd of November. Nephew will be busy with the team and his dad and I want t o get a line wet, any recommendations?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Scottfishes said:

Hey guys I’m super new here. I will be traveling to Knoxville for a football game Saturday the 3rd of November. Nephew will be busy with the team and his dad and I want t o get a line wet, any recommendations?

Bank fishing or boat?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Scottfishes said:

Bank fishing, thanks

Usually below dams is best for being limited to bank fishing, altough typically most crowded. There are also some public parks and boat ramp with lots of land to walk around on and cast. Some bank guys have been doing good on catfish around downtown 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Scottfishes said:

Hey guys I’m super new here. I will be traveling to Knoxville for a football game Saturday the 3rd of November. Nephew will be busy with the team and his dad and I want t o get a line wet, any recommendations?

Have fun at the game. Nothing like an SEC football game.

 

The Vols are getting better each contest and will pull an upset sooner or later.

 

They will be in the top echelon of the SEC in a few years.

 

Let us know if you went fishing and how you did.

 

Geaux Tigers!

 

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:55 AM, JawjaBoy said:

Ok, I did a search and didn't find anything so I figured I'd just ask here.  I saw an ad for this expo recently and it looks like an heck of a show!  Seriously thinking about going, but it's a 5 1/2 hour drive so I wanted to ask a few questions for anyone who's been.  What can I expect having never been to a show of this size?  What companies, vendors, pros, etc. can I expect to see there?  Any good deals to be had?  And is it even marginally wife friendly(!)?  Please forgive me if this has been talked about before and I missed it!  Thanks in advance!

I love the fishing expos.

 

Sooner or later the show will be on the Internet with the seminar times and list of vendors. Keep looking. Here is the site for the Richmond show to give you an idea of what the Tennesssee show should have for your review:

 

http://www.richmondfishingexpo.com/ 

 

Not only will you see new items you will rub shoulders with the movers and shakers in Tennessee fishing.

 

If they are having any seminars you can really learn from them and the pros will sign your cap so bring a Sharpie with you.

 

I enjoyed reading that this show is growing. Sorry to say our Richmond Fishing Expo at the end of January seems to be getting smaller and smaller each year. I still go on Friday and take in a seminar or two, but my main goal is to see my old friends and acquaintances and their products and services.

 

Also have nice conversations with the Conservation Officers about nailing those pesky jet skiers who are drinking, acting in unsafe manners, and do not have their Virginia Safe Boating cards.

 

Last year I scored the last three maps of Lake Chesdin since GMCO is not producing them anymore. And a few ago years my friend who invented the Grass Goat introduced them at the Richmond Expo. I have one on my trolling motor and no grass or pads can stop me!!!!! B) 

 

MegaStrike was always there but they no longer attend. Miss seeing Bobby each year.

 

So go to the show. It is worth the drive. And you may want to bring a large bag for the handouts, cards, and freebies.

 

Have fun and give us the details of your trip and the Expo.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TNRiver, thanks for the info, I wanna target bass, I am bringing a small assortment of spinners and plastics that I like and work good here. Are there any dams or ponds that you can recommend or do you wanna take a couple good dudes fishin? Lol we will buy the beer and some lunch just sayin 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sam said:

I love the fishing expos.

 

Sooner or later the show will be on the Internet with the seminar times and list of vendors. Keep looking. Here is the site for the Richmond show to give you an idea of what the Tennesssee show should have for your review:

 

http://www.richmondfishingexpo.com/ 

 

Not only will you see new items you will rub shoulders with the movers and shakers in Tennessee fishing.

 

If they are having any seminars you can really learn from them and the pros will sign your cap so bring a Sharpie with you.

 

I enjoyed reading that this show is growing. Sorry to say our Richmond Fishing Expo at the end of January seems to be getting smaller and smaller each year. I still go on Friday and take in a seminar or two, but my main goal is to see my old friends and acquaintances and their products and services.

 

Also have nice conversations with the Conservation Officers about nailing those pesky jet skiers who are drinking, acting in unsafe manners, and do not have their Virginia Safe Boating cards.

 

Last year I scored the last three maps of Lake Chesdin since GMCO is not producing them anymore. And a few ago years my friend who invented the Grass Goat introduced them at the Richmond Expo. I have one on my trolling motor and no grass or pads can stop me!!!!! B) 

 

MegaStrike was always there but they no longer attend. Miss seeing Bobby each year.

 

So go to the show. It is worth the drive. And you may want to bring a large bag for the handouts, cards, and freebies.

 

Have fun and give us the details of your trip and the Expo.

Thank you!  That is exactly the kind of info I was looking for!  I'm definitely planning on going.  The wife will be along, but she's a good one.  Even though she's not a big fisherwoman, she knows I love it so she won't complain...too much!  And our 4 year old daughter loves fishing so she'll be busy looking for stuff for her.  

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scottfishes said:

TNRiver, thanks for the info, I wanna target bass, I am bringing a small assortment of spinners and plastics that I like and work good here. Are there any dams or ponds that you can recommend or do you wanna take a couple good dudes fishin? Lol we will buy the beer and some lunch just sayin 

I’m going to a friggin wedding that day....... but fort Loudon  dam is usually good for a few white bass/crappie/catfish with the occasional big largemouth smallmouth or striper . Melton hill dam can be good and is only 9 miles away from Ft Loudon dam. There’s a few boat ramps on topside rd that have a lot of bank fishing opportunities and are a little closer to Knoxville 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go Vols!

 

i second the Topside Rd suggestion above. Look for areas where the road dams the lake and there's a flow age between. If they're pulling any water those spots will hold fish. If they're not, the steep banks around them still hold fish and the bass and wipers will be pushing shad in the corners.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Scottfishes said:

Man you guys are awesome! Thanks for the info truly and keep an eye out for #12 JT Shrout, he will kill it in coming years!!!! 

Been hearing about him on the radio all morning. They said he was always impressing on scout team so they elevated him. I also remember hearing about him during the recruiting process

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:55 AM, JawjaBoy said:

Ok, I did a search and didn't find anything so I figured I'd just ask here.  I saw an ad for this expo recently and it looks like an heck of a show!  Seriously thinking about going, but it's a 5 1/2 hour drive so I wanted to ask a few questions for anyone who's been.  What can I expect having never been to a show of this size?  What companies, vendors, pros, etc. can I expect to see there?  Any good deals to be had?  And is it even marginally wife friendly(!)?  Please forgive me if this has been talked about before and I missed it!  Thanks in advance!

http://easttnfishingshow.com/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing reels

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×