TnRiver46

Marked one and caught it!

Do you ever feel like you mark fish all the time but don’t catch them? Well today I dropped a spoon straight down on this and caught an 18” smallmouth! It Renewed a bit of confidence for me as I typically mark fish and bait everywhere and rarely drop straight down and catch them 

DE185BCE-BCE1-428E-B434-80CA636D121F.jpeg

• Like 5

Makes the expense of the electronics worth it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slonezp said:

Makes the expense of the electronics worth it.

Yes sir! And my girlfriend bought me the electronics for Christmas a few year back! Haha

Yep feels good. I remember finding my first school. Best 30 mins I had ever had fishing

It sure is neat when that happens. This fall I was smallie fishing with my dad and we would come across schools of about 10-30 fish, I could see them clear as day on my side imaging on the trolling motor. Every single time we’d grab a rod with a tube or drop shot and just toss it to whatever side we saw them on, and it was lights out for a few minutes. 

• Like 1

Have you figured out how to watch your jig using the 2d sonar while vertical jigging? 

Gotta love vertical structure spooning using sonar!

Tom

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, slonezp said:

Have you figured out how to watch your jig using the 2d sonar while vertical jigging? 

Sure have! In fact I snapped a picture of the spoon on the graph just after I caught the fish. It shows up on 3 d sometimes also, like it did in the picture. It seems the water has to be pretty calm for that to happen.  I have always been able to find the fish and drop down to them, it’s the biting thing that seems to be more like 1 in 100. Most of my catching happens when I’m just dragging Texas rigs on bottom. 

885BCB7C-C53B-4D28-9E79-DC02A6C37F3E.jpeg

• Like 2

You need to remember everything displayed is history, only the far right edge is current. The bass displayed are near the stern so make a lob cast back to get the spoon in front of the fish.

Tom

9 hours ago, WRB said:

You need to remember everything displayed is history, only the far right edge is current. The bass displayed are near the stern so make a lob cast back to get the spoon in front of the fish.

Tom

My buddy always says “take a marker buoy and throw it backwards. Not drop it, throw the /@&)” thing!”

• Like 1