Sam

2001 LSU-Tennessee SEC Title Game

Watching the replay of the 2001 LSU-Tennessee SEC football championship game on the SEC Network.

LSU won the game 31-20.

Sure hope they win again in the replay.

You can't always be sure with Ears Feinbaum around.

• Like 1

Argh.... In my opinion that was one of the most important (in a very bad way) games for Tennessee in the last 20 years.  It should be band from the airwaves.

• Haha 2

Even Satan was surprised LSU made the title game.

They lost to the Vols during the regular season in Knoxville and LSU was a big underdog.

• Haha 1

lsu has been ok since coach Saban left...miles won a national championship with 2 losses inheriting Saban's efforts...got rid of him because, like charlie mac, couldn't beat bama...coach O ain't the ticket either...

Tenn. boosters got big headed and booted coach Fulmer out and haven't been zip since ...

The Tide will be playing to give coach Saban, the greatest coach in ncaa cfb history, his 7th national championship...bet on it...roll tide...

finebaum does espn's bidding for a big paycheck...

merry christmas

Why Sam...... Why........I'm beginning to think you just like to torture me..........why dont you just bring up the 07 title game when your backup QB beat us............again........... It's ok I don't need to watch these reruns........... They play over and over in my head everyday............... People from up North just wouldn't understand.............

By the way if TN wins the 01 game you are referring to, we play Miami in the Rose bowl for the national title...............

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, greentrout said:

lsu has been ok since coach Saban left...miles won a national championship with 2 losses inheriting Saban's efforts...got rid of him because, like charlie mac, couldn't beat bama...coach O ain't the ticket either...

Tenn. boosters got big headed and booted coach Fulmer out and haven't been zip since ...

The Tide will be playing to give coach Saban, the greatest coach in ncaa cfb history, his 7th national championship...bet on it...roll tide...

finebaum does espn's bidding for a big paycheck...

merry christmas

Greentrout, us SEC fans have a problem with Bama.

If Tau is not 100%, meaning he can't move the pocket or take off downfield, Bama will have to use Jalen. And Jalen may not be 100%. So in comes the third string QB who is very good but not up to the level of Tau or Jalen.

I think Satan will use Tau until he can't go anymore or is ineffective and then put in Jalen.

Will be a fun game to watch. Oklahoma can't stop the run so Bama will probably be handing off a lot to their backs. Then all of a sudden throw the ball.

The over/under is 80.5 points with the Tide favored by 14.  Maybe Bama can slow down that crazy fast moving OU offense but the Vegas guys who set the line know what they are doing.

Get ready for some wild football game.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

7 hours ago, Sam said:

Greentrout, us SEC fans have a problem with Bama.

If Tau is not 100%, meaning he can't move the pocket or take off downfield, Bama will have to use Jalen. And Jalen may not be 100%. So in comes the third string QB who is very good but not up to the level of Tau or Jalen.

I'm comfortable with Hurts starting the game .... don't believe Oklahoma's defense can stop the run and Hurt's passing has vastly improved...he's healthy and ready...reports say Tau the same...  

Problem is that Saban's bama dominates ... but don't think I don't remember bama's not so dominate yrs...

Gary Danielson of CBS is spot on when he states "to beat bama you must have great QB play" ... LSU has not done that...

GA. coach Kirby Smart cost his team the game...not the QB...

Looking forward to the Fiesta bowl...big game for LSU ... lose to UCF and the fans will not be so happy with coach O...

MERRY CHRISTMAS

1 hour ago, greentrout said:

I'm comfortable with Hurts starting the game .... don't believe Oklahoma's defense can stop the run and Hurt's passing has vastly improved...he's healthy and ready...reports say Tau the same...  

Problem is that Saban's bama dominates ... but don't think I don't remember bama's not so dominate yrs...

Gary Danielson of CBS is spot on when he states "to beat bama you must have great QB play" ... LSU has not done that...

GA. coach Kirby Smart cost his team the game...not the QB...

Looking forward to the Fiesta bowl...big game for LSU ... lose to UCF and the fans will not be so happy with coach O...

MERRY CHRISTMAS

X2