Jump to content
FryDog62

Minnesota Fishing Report - 2019

Recommended Posts

On 1/7/2019 at 11:47 AM, NathanDLTH said:

I have lightly used GLX 893c JWR I might trade for something similar just a little shorter. 

For sale only now. Asking $300

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MN-BR Happy Hour - Lets go with April 3rd.  Guys that can make it then, what’s your preference for location?  East Side, West Side, North or South - or Open?  Will pick the best we can...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone needs batteries and has a Sams Club membership (or knows someone with one), they have great deals on Marie Batteries right now through the end of the month. Picked up 3 - Duracell Platinum AGM batteries for $159 each. Exact same battery at Batteries Plus is $244.99. Only thing different is the warranty length (18 months at Sam's, 30 months at BP). 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, ThatOneBigKid said:

If anyone needs batteries and has a Sams Club membership (or knows someone with one), they have great deals on Marie Batteries right now through the end of the month. Picked up 3 - Duracell Platinum AGM batteries for $159 each. Exact same battery at Batteries Plus is $244.99. Only thing different is the warranty length (18 months at Sam's, 30 months at BP). 

That is a good price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MN-BR get together is now confirmed with a date, time and location:

 

•Weds, April 3 at 5:00

•”The Local” at West End (St. Louis Park near 394/100)

•Table reserved under “Fry”

 

A few free hats to be given away - hope to see you there to get the new season kicked off..

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With a little luck, I'll be there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should be there at, or shortly after, 5pm. Looking forward to it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, FryDog62 said:

MN-BR get together is now confirmed with a date, time and location:

 

•Weds, April 3 at 5:00

•”The Local” at West End (St. Louis Park near 394/100)

•Table reserved under “Fry”

 

A few free hats to be given away - hope to see you there to get the new season kicked off..

 

Added it to my calendar, I should be free. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, punch said:

Added it to my calendar, I should be free. 

Ditto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far the weather forecast for SDak lakes region is colder than for here - not always the case - I still hope to get there in April

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone hit the NW sports show? Do some damage? 

I picked up an Expride 7'2 MH glass, which isn't an easy to stick to find these days. Keep hearing how it's one of the best chatterbait rods out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, punch said:

Anyone hit the NW sports show? Do some damage? 

I picked up an Expride 7'2 MH glass, which isn't an easy to stick to find these days. Keep hearing how it's one of the best chatterbait rods out there. 

Just left there, saw some seminars Fri and today.  Picked up another Tatula SV is all, they were dropping prices at the end...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, FryDog62 said:

Just left there, saw some seminars Fri and today.  Picked up another Tatula SV is all, they were dropping prices at the end...

What did you get it for? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, punch said:

What did you get it for? 

30% off.  I saw some other things like rod/reel combos (mid-priced stuff) for as much as 50% off.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2019 at 9:24 AM, Jmhalvo said:

So far the weather forecast for SDak lakes region is colder than for here - not always the case - I still hope to get there in April

It's looking like S.Dakota won't happen for me this year.  Just not enough weeks in April. The later the ice out, the more the window gets squeezed. Trout fishing trip is always around the 3rd week of April, and after that, Wisconsin bass opener is just around the corner, so...  maybe next year??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked up an older Steez 103 XS(mint condition) for 25% off on Friday afterwork. All I wanted really. There were lots of deals. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2019 at 10:14 PM, rascalP said:

It's looking like S.Dakota won't happen for me this year.  Just not enough weeks in April. The later the ice out, the more the window gets squeezed. Trout fishing trip is always around the 3rd week of April, and after that, Wisconsin bass opener is just around the corner, so...  maybe next year??

I’m not giving up on a gorgeous western sun baking a SDak glacial lake full of smallies in April to early May. However you do make a great point about WI...might do that, but I have no idea where to fish in WI. Ideas anyone? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got another fishing related to-do project done this week. I finally installed some LED lights in my lockers on my Skeeter SX190. This was LONG overdue.. fumbling around in the dark at the boat ramp trying to find rod socks is DONE. 

 

My front deck already has some LED's installed so I just got some marine LED strips and used some t-tap connectors into the existing wiring for the deck lights. It was so easy to install I kinda feel stupid for not doing this last year. 

 

I also vacuumed and cleaned the carpet. She was grimy. 

 

COqDCFtZQz_cPHlRZoMiLuU10ExX5IJeIjW5NUW2

18 hours ago, Jmhalvo said:

I’m not giving up on a gorgeous western sun baking a SDak glacial lake full of smallies in April to early May. However you do make a great point about WI...might do that, but I have no idea where to fish in WI. Ideas anyone? 

Paging @WI_Angler1989, he's a Wisconsin smallie hunter. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2019 at 6:03 AM, Jmhalvo said:

I’m not giving up on a gorgeous western sun baking a SDak glacial lake full of smallies in April to early May. However you do make a great point about WI...might do that, but I have no idea where to fish in WI. Ideas anyone? 

 

There TONS of other guys on here who will have more/better advice than me, but it's hard to beat Wi Smallies! You're options are nearly endless: Lake Michigan Door County of you want big water. Long Lake in Chippewa Co is pretty decent size and has awesome fishing.

 

Most of the Rivers I fish are full of them too. The Flambeau (my fave), The Chippewa (my home h2o), Eagle River, The Mississippi... All game fish can be found there. Just research a stretch and find launches and go! 

 

One of my fave things to do is head up north (Forest, Marrianette, Oneida counties) and fish lesser known, smaller, clear waters for smallies, pike, musky, walleye, everything! Its tough to beat the scenery and less pressured fishing.

We hit a small Forest County lake with little weedless tubes and I swear... those bass slammed them like they'd never seen a soft plastic before. It was insane!

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have an idea of how thawed the backwaters of Pool 4 & 5 are? Or, does anyone now a good place to call down there to get a report? 

 

2 hour drive for me down to there so I'd like to know it is thawed before I look to make a run down there. 

 

Thanks guys! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThatOneBigKid said:

Anyone have an idea of how thawed the backwaters of Pool 4 & 5 are? Or, does anyone now a good place to call down there to get a report? 

 

2 hour drive for me down to there so I'd like to know it is thawed before I look to make a run down there. 

 

Thanks guys! 

Everts Resort/Pool 4 (715) 792-2333

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2019 at 6:03 AM, Jmhalvo said:

I’m not giving up on a gorgeous western sun baking a SDak glacial lake full of smallies in April to early May. However you do make a great point about WI...might do that, but I have no idea where to fish in WI. Ideas anyone? 

I used to fish Wisconsin lakes a lot years ago, but kinda gave up on them cause the size structure seemed to head south. I lived north of Milltown for a few years quite a while ago, so I've spent some time on most lakes from Hudson to Grantsburg.  I've heard rumors that some of these lakes are getting a little better. Round, by Luck would be worth a shot, as well as Turtle, Trade, and Long Trade. Clam used to kick out some real big bass every year and Wapo can be fun to fish. Shell will give you the smallie option. I will probably check out Butternut, Cedar and maybe a couple others this year

   The last few years, with MN opening up to bass for C&R on the walleye opener, I've skipped WI and just waited a week, but this year I'll be back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a reminder MN-BR get together this week:

 

•Weds, April 3 at 5:00

•”The Local” at West End (St. Louis Park near 394/100)

•Table reserved under “Fry”

 

Hope to see you then...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FryDog62 said:

Just a reminder MN-BR get together this week:

 

•Weds, April 3 at 5:00

•”The Local” at West End (St. Louis Park near 394/100)

•Table reserved under “Fry”

 

Hope to see you then...

Things have been arranged - I'll see you there.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • fishing forum

    fishing

    fishing forum

    fishing rods

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing reels

    fishing poles

    fishing

    fishing

    bass fish

    fish for bass
    fish

×
×
  • Create New...