Joshua van Wyk

Any snakehead spots near Manassas, VA?

Hey guys,

I've been wanting to catch a snake for a while now with no luck,  do you guys have any recommendations and spots in the Manassas area? I dont have a boat but so I'm stuck on the shore. Any help is appreciated!

Lake Brittle right down the road from you.  Shore fish anytime or rent a boat when they are open.

9 minutes ago, TOXIC said:

Lake Brittle right down the road from you.  Shore fish anytime or rent a boat when they are open.

Any tips for Brittle? Fished it once or twice with no success.

Sorry, not for Snakeheads.  I have not fished for them there but have seen a lot of pictures of them being caught.  I would assume a spinnerbait, senko or frog would do well in the summer.  

Now would be a difficult time to try and catch them since they're mostly buried in the mud. In the summer, they give their positions away because they come up for air and you can sight fish for them.

I've rented a boat at Brittle, but had to take out a second mortgage.  Never saw any snakeheads, but I did see a couple different points with bucket men tearing up the crappies. 

I've only caught one snakehead from shore, but caught plenty within casting distance of a bank.  If I HAD to catch a snakehead from shore, I'd head to Pohick.  I've caught an awful lot of snakeheads in Gunston Cove.

There's some trails (improved and otherwise) to bank spots away from the main park waterfront.  Frogs work....but so does everything else that might catch a bass....I catch a lot on Cut-R's...but, that might be because I throw Cut-R's a LOT

Roaches Run