Chance_Taker4

Enigma reels really Shimano?

I keep seeing an advertisement in my Instagram regarding Enigma's new reel line. I finally went to the website to check them out. They are either outsourced to Shimano or ripping Shimano off on the looks department. Anyone have any info on these reel? Just kinda curious not really important. 

https://www.enigmafishing.com/collections/reels

99% sure just copying a similar look. Highly doubt Shimano is building reel for Enigma

Instagram photos make it look identical to the Casitas. 

That photoshop job on their website hurts my eyes...

How do you release a brand new $150 product and have only one photo and it looks like that?

1 hour ago, fishballer06 said:

That photoshop job on their website hurts my eyes...

How do you release a brand new $150 product and have only one photo and it looks like that?

Theres more pictures on the regular reel not the flipping reel. all the pics I look at screams Casitas (or Casitas Rip Off)

I figured it may have been a deal with Shimano and Enigma since Aaron Martens is a die hard Shimano guy and has ownership on Enigma.

11 hours ago, BaitFinesse said:

Brontosaurus 

That is a hell of a good name for a reel. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, fishwizzard said:

That is a hell of a good name for a reel. 

Big, heavy, slow, and no longer available?   :) 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, reason said:

I imagine it will be a perfect description of these reels by this time next year....extinct. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, reason said:

Minus the last bit, sure!  Maybe a nice big 5.x:1 deep cranking reel.  My interest in jdm gear has upped the level of whimsical naming that I want in my tackle.  

No weight specified, how could you tell if you’d want it? The weight of a reel is the most important stat. Without the weight there’s no way to know how light kept heavy a rod should be for it.

1 hour ago, CrankFate said:

No weight specified, how could you tell if you’d want it? The weight of a reel is the most important stat. Without the weight there’s no way to know how light kept heavy a rod should be for it.

Reel weight is vastly overrated.  Some of the best reels I own are in the 6 to 8 ounce range with aluminum handle sideplates, frame and brass gears.  My old Tatula Type R is much smoother and quieter than my Tatula CT SV despite having the same internals due to the thick aluminum handle side plate.  

53 minutes ago, BaitFinesse said:

Reel weight is vastly overrated.  Some of the best reels I own are in the 6 to 8 ounce range with aluminum handle sideplates, frame and brass gears.  My old Tatula Type R is much smoother and quieter than my Tatula CT SV despite having the same internals due to the thick aluminum handle side plate.  

I agree, sometimes a heavier reel is the perfect thing to help balance a tip heavy rod. I have a pile of OG Zillions that I don't see myself replacing anytime soon. I don't use them on my bfs rods but they definitely have their place.

I do bicep curls with one Calais in each hand. FEEL THE BURN!...

23 hours ago, BaitFinesse said:

I love reels in the 8 to 10 ounce range for saltwater on heavier rods, fishing 2-3oz. But if I’m going for bass, I am a flaming weight weenie :happy-devil-0048:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.aliexpress.com/item/32932792856.html#ampf=undefined

Looks very similar to the Seaknight Falcon.  The Falcon is $100 cheaper and goes for what a replacement Inigma reels goes for.  Part of the gimmick of the Inigma reels is that for $149 you get a lifetime warrenty and it only costs  $45 to get another reel.