Dorado

Rapala BX Brat

Bait money alert! Picked up a couple of these guys yesterday since they were finally on sale at BPS. As a squarebill fanatic, I must say the details and profile of these baits are phenomenal! At only 2”, they dive 3’ according to the specs, which is perfect for our local ponds and forage size. Note: they do make a 6’ diving range model too

Can’t wait to hunt for aggressive prespawners with these bad boys! Anyone have any positive experiences with em?

1842724E-B90A-4576-BDA2-2B9D35D27246.jpeg

• Like 2

I found the top one a couple months ago, put new hooks on it, tied it on and caught a couple with it. Action was a little underwhelming but it did cast well on casting gear for such a small bait. I like the shiny olive color though. 

I just got the (4) I ordered last Friday today. Went with the 6 footers. I bought them because the price was right. Have smallmouth written all over them. Love the finish on them. I'm a big Rapala fan going back to time as a kid. But I got real sour recently over the scatter raps, they suck in my opinion. I didn't like the regular price on them so I didn't bite on them. Can't wait to use them on the river. I not looking to go crazy with any baits pre-season. I picked up a new crankbait rod a few weeks ago and I'm going to get into more pitching, flipping and punching later in the season and will be looking for a heavy stick. I feel good about the Bratz and the price I paid. Good luck with yours.  

• Thanks 1

I as well picked up a couple at BPS last week, since they were on sale.  I am looking forward to trying them this season.

• Like 2

Picked up several during Academy Sports clearance. Ready to try soon as weather allows

tmp-cam-8778319390579467339.jpg

• Like 3

Got to fish one today even caught a small bass. Deflects off cover well and cast way better than I expected.

I own the full BX lineup. I love the waking minnow and the BX jerkbait too.