RHuff

Map of my Spawning Flats

Can you guys give some input on maybe how you'd approach fishing this. One of my local lakes has no true migration routes that lead into spawning areas. The whole lake is sort of like a bowl. This is the north end of the lake. Can any of you more experienced guys maybe fill me in on where to find some prespawn bass or staging areas? 

download.png

A bowl is round or oval not forked shape.

Is north at 12 O'clock at the top of map? Do you know the prevailing wind direction?

Tom

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Your right. I shouldn't have said bowl. I just meant there aren't really a lot of clear defined ditches. The banks drop off all around down into the bottom. This is the true north 12:00 position on the lake. Also, the dominate wind comes from the West on average. 

Looking at the portion of the lake the map shows with 3 arms, the center arm is easier to determine. The shorelines on the east (right side as we look at this map) would be less wind protected then the west facing banks ( left side ). The next issue is the light blue water appears too deep for spawning beds leaving the dark blue areas as possible bed site depending on shore line cover.

Half way up the middle fork, the 1st bay, bass should stage on the north point side and migrate into the bay to both bark blue areas of the coves.

Tom

When the title said "my spawning flats" a king size in a master bedroom is the first thing I thought of........

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, TnRiver46 said:

When the title said "my spawning flats" a king size in a master bedroom is the first thing I thought of........

For what it's worth, I do have a king size in the master bedroom and have spawned there before..... A couple of times lol

• Haha 1