Bluebasser86

New Flash Green Seaguar Smackdown

Just released earlier this year, I managed to get my hands on a spool of Seaguar's new Hi-Vis "Flash Green", Smackdown. I went with 10lb and put it on a ML spinning rod planning on using it for grubs, small boot tail swimbaits, and other finesse baits. The stuff is super thin for one. I thought I'd put it on 2 reels but even with a good amount of backing, my reel ate up the entire 150 yard spool. Had my first chance to use it a couple weeks ago, fishing a 4" Strike King Swim N Shiner on a 1/8oz jighead tied on a leader of 8lb AbrasX. It cast great and never got any wind knots (and there was plenty of wind). Got to catch a bunch of white bass and a couple dozen saugeye with it and it handled them great. I know for a fact I caught several of them because I could see my line move when I never felt anything because of the bow the wind had blown in my line. Going to be great for just that same reason chasing bass too.

Image may contain: outdoor and waterImage may contain: one or more people, outdoor and water

• Like 1

Strong line even in the smaller test sizes.

:love-093:

• Like 1

Well done!  Glad you could get out.

• Like 1