SmugOne

Dobyns Fury versus Falcon Lowrider

I really like my Dobyns Fury rods but have heard good things about the Falcon Lowrider.  Which would you pick and why? What are your favorite rods in their line up?

thanks!

I’m partial to falcon.  I would take the falcon in a minute.   Dobyns seems really well built but I think they are tip heavy and lack sensitivity.   A lot of guys love them so I’m sure others will step in with a different opinion but I say give the falcon a try. You might find out you like it better than your Dobyns.

• Like 1

The difference are a full cork handle and 5 year warranty for Falcon vs Full or split grip handle and limited lifetime warranty. Never heard of a Dobyns rod being tip heavy, Gary takes pride in well balanced rods.

Tom

Have never used a low rider but the fury is a nice stick for $100. Well balanced and comfortable to fish.

1 hour ago, jbrew73 said:

I’m partial to falcon.  I would take the falcon in a minute.   Dobyns seems really well built but I think they are tip heavy and lack sensitivity.   A lot of guys love them so I’m sure others will step in with a different opinion but I say give the falcon a try. You might find out you like it better than your Dobyns.

I have some issues with Dobyns, but lack of sensitivity isn't one of them. I can feel everything with my Fury rods.

Both good sticks. If I had to chose just one on fishability alone, I'd go with the Falcon. The Fury is a bit more industrial and over designed, the Falcon is more refined. I'm going to try to break a 704 while fishing this year, I'm not sure it will be easy, except for the Incredible Hulk graphics, I like pretty much everything else about the rod.

• Like 1

Falcon without a doubt 😉

FYI: Falcon Lowrider does come in full cork or split!

LFC-7H-7' Carolina Lizard Dragger 

LFC-73HH-7' 3" Amistad 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WRB said:

The difference are a full cork handle and 5 year warranty for Falcon vs Full or split grip handle and limited lifetime warranty. Never heard of a Dobyns rod being tip heavy, Gary takes pride in well balanced rods.

Tom

For the record you have heard it now.  My opinion is that Dobyns rods are tip heavy. Ymmv

• Haha 1

I have never had a dobyns, but i have had plenty falcons and they are fantastic rods, i dont think i can say anything bad about mine. I especially like the bucoo spinning rods

I haven’t held the new Lowrider. I don’t think you could go wrong with either. Falcon and dobyns have made the best $100-$120 rod for years in my opinion. 

I switched over to Dobyns rods because of Gary's attention to the balance of a rod. Never handled a tip heavy Dobyns rod.

Love my Lowriders and Cara and Bucoo,, If I swapped Dobyns would be what I swapped too ,I like look and feel of Powell rods too though

I've fished Falcons and Dobyns. Both make excellent rods. But between the Fury and the Lowrider, I vote Falcon all the way. Do yourself a favor and get your hands on the Amistad, 7'3" Heavy and you'll see why so many love it.