Bankbeater

Bittersweet day

My wife and I are down here in Tulsa dropping our daughter off for college. I’m going to miss her, but I’ll be glad to get back in Missouri out of this humidity. 

• Like 1

That feeling doesn't go away. 

Everytime she comes home and then leaves, it starts again. 

Mike

• Like 2

Congrats!

Your daughter will do great. She will learn how to do her laundry; manage time; manage money; meet lots of new lifelong friends; enjoy a great social life; see some good ball games; get an education; and hopefully stay at least five years on your dime.  DON'T GRADUATE!!!

You and your wife should be proud of her spreading her wings and flying on her own. Just be able to have access to her bank account so you can transfer money into it from your home. You will need to do this sooner or later.

And please don't change her room until she graduates and moves out into her own apartment. My wife went crazy when our son went to Alabama and redid his room. He cried when he came home for Thanksgiving and saw what she had done.  He is over it now but at the time he was extremely upset. After all, it was his room, not a guest room.

• Like 1

She’s going to grand lake for an orientation. I told her to check the lake out for me. 

• Haha 1

I went through it with my youngest daughter four years ago.  She graduated this past May.  It went by so fast.

Yesterday we were dropping a newly graduated high school girl off at college and in the blink of an eye watched a young woman get her degree in marine biology.  

They grow up TOO fast...

• Like 1

Congrats!

My oldest just started Kindergarten last week. Seems like we just brought him home from the hospital. 

• Like 1

The days can drag on but the years fly by.  Dont waste any of it.

• Like 2