Sign in to follow this  
tillerybass

electronics

the new lowrance electronics just came out and i was just wondering if anyone had seen or used one so they can tell me about it. are they worth the money?

Welcome aboard!

Someone will be along shortly with comments.

8-)

I just got 2 HDS-5 (if your talking about the HDS models) installed on my boat and they are amazing. Both have lake insight. I really havent gone completley through the manual and all the features yet. The menu and pages are easy to navigate through. Ill be on the water Friday, Sat. and Sun. so ill really really get into everything this unit does.

Oh, sorry about that. Yes it is the HDS model and I was thinking about the HDS-8 for the console of my boat. I was just wondering if it is really worth getting the newer model and not the older one's that have gone down in price. Thanks!

Yes its worth it. I would have gotten a HDS-8 but I really wanted one at the front and console and couldnt afford 2 8s. So I went with the 5 . If you get it make sure you get insight with it.

I checked out the units at B Pro and to be honest I wasnt that impressed with them. The sonar is extremely highly detailed and really neat. The 3d mapping is pretty sweet but you can only zoom in so far with it and then it changed back to the old maps. I dont really think its worth that much more money but it does have some advatages.

When added to the older Lowrance models, does the Broadband Sounder-1 provide the same functionality as the new High-Def models?