Sign in to follow this  
Guest muddy

OH OH  I got an extra piece!!!!!!

Guest muddy

Well: I couldnt mind my own business. I have 2 BPS extreme 5.3:1 reels, I figured I would take one apart a little, as I have never tried this. I ttook an old 24 egg cardboard holder and put each piece I took off and put them in a holder in ther order I took em off. I decided since I don't have the time right now  so i tried to put it back together I have a nifty extra washer now!!!!!!!

First off, just wanted to say how much I like the new pic :). You must have been a plumber in another life ;D.

I have put one too many things back together and had at least one nut, washer or bolt left over :-[. I'm REALLY thankful there people like Reel Mech around ;)...

As Ever,

skillet

If you can, get a schematic for that reel.  You can then see the places where a washer is "supposed to be".  You may be able to replace it that way.  Usually the washers are are part of the drag and are on the shaft the handle fits on.  Try tightening the drag and if it won't tighten then probably sure it is part of the drag.

Exceptions as always, there are some small washers usually at the end of the worm gear under the E-clip.  Main thing is get a schematic.  When all else fails box it up and send it to Reel Mech and hope it is a model he works on.

Guest muddy

I just ran out of time and had to go to work, I will look at the diagram, and yes i believe you are right, it is from the drag. I never really got into the guts of the reel.

Mooks should never be allowed to disassemble a reel.  :;)

What makes it funnier is: " I never really got into the guts of the reel. "  ;D

Just wonderin ' how many extra parts you would have ended with if you really got into the guts of the reel  :-?.

I don't care how mechanically inclined you are..[br]Never open up any fishing reel without the schematic close by.

When all else fails box it up and send it to Reel Mech and hope it is a model he works on.
I only service Shimano®, Daiwa®, Garcia®, Quantum® reels...

If needed send this reel, to Outdoor World Rod & Reel Repair (pg7 master catalog), or BPS.

Tight Lines!!!!  

Guest muddy

Thanks Reel Mech, I have seen you say that more than a few times, but I am stubborn and did it anyway. I just got that reel back from getting it clraned, etc ( Serviced) I was thinking I  was going to have to send it back, when one of my friends looked at it. It was the washer behind the "Star drag" he fixed it right away and I decided I aint that curious anymore ;D

Guest muddy
Based on your new avatar, you better be really careful. You never know when you might lose some parts down a crack ;)

I am cracked up and in need of a few parts in my brain

Based on your new avatar, you better be really careful. You never know when you might lose some parts down a crack ;)

I am cracked up and in need of a few parts in my brain

Hey maybe you can come up with some sort of cool screename like "Muddcrack"

Or maybe be like a pro wrestler and just have a catchy name sort of like "The Rock"

but you could just be " The Crack" and wear low-rise gym trunks ( aka plumbers pants )

Awwwwwwwwwww.

Youse guys is just jealous cause muddy got his own portable rodholder.

This is a Bass site though and that looks more like a holder for one of those big saltwater rods!

I normally wouldn't have said anything but since it's his signature line, and shows up in all 5000+ posts, I thought he might like to fix it.  It was intended to be helpful.

I normally wouldn't have said anything but since it's his signature line, and shows up in all 5000+ posts, I thought he might like to fix it. It was intended to be helpful.

LOL I didn't notice it there that's why I was confused.

Did I mention I was supposed to pick up my new glasses tonight?  lol