Sign in to follow this  
Micro

Yo-Zuri Hybrid for dedicated plastics rig

I was thinking of trying Yo-Zuri Hybrid on my new Johnny Morris Elite rod with Recoil guides (paired to Revo STX).  It's a 7' MH.  It's rated for 10-20 lb line.  I was thinking of using 12# Hybrid.  Is Yo-Zuri Hybrid the best choice?  I've never used it but it seems to get a lot of good reviews.   I've tried Seaguar InvizX and I like it well enough, but it still seems very stiff.  I was thinking YZ Hybrib would be a good compromise and still provide plenty of sensitivity?  

Up until now all my rods see multi-application use.  But I want to use this one just for worming.  So I want the best line for the rod and application.

Thought?

Regular Hybrid is a little stiff and has some memory. Use the Yo-Zuri Hybrid Ultra Soft and I guarantee you will like it. 12# on the setup you described will be PERFECT! JMHO

Ronnie

Ultra Soft is a great choice and a lot of guys on this forum have nothing but great things to say about.  

If you want to stay with flurocarbon, you might try Berkley's new flurocarbon.  It has been great line for me and so far it is my favorite of all the flurocarbons I have tried.

InvizX is the only fluoro I will use anymore, I have put that stuff through so much abuse that would even make braid cringe and it still holds up just fine...

I've tried as much fluoro as I'm interested in.  I liked InvizX alright, but it was still pretty stiff despite being touted as the limpest fluoro.  It was extremely sensitive, though and I really liked that.

I think Yo-Zuri Hybrid Ultra Soft #12 might be just what you are looking for.

8-)

You've been plugin' that line for a long time, RW.  Now I'm gonna see if you know what you're talking about.  I just ordered two spools.   :o

My Yozuri Hybird Ultra Soft #6 finally came in yesterday.

But I don't see anytime in the near future where I'm going to get a chance to spool it up and fish it.  :'(