Sign in to follow this  
W1-10

If I had a nickel.........

for every time RW told somebody to buy an avid, then I'd have a lot of nickels. I just read 5 posts and and he was spreading the good word in 4 of them. You should collect royalties for all the sales you get them man.

Actually, they are not my favorite rods, but they are a GREAT value! I have three Avids and a Legend Elite. +/- $150 is about where I think the high-end begins. For "moving baits" this is a pricing point that offers a reasonably sensitive rod for those applications. My soft plastics rod is a St. Croix Legend Elite which is more sensitive. My jig rod is a G.Loomis GLX MBR844C and my main smallmouth rod is a PR844S.

The clearance sale that has been going on at several retailers prices the Avids between $65 and $119. I bought an AC70MM at Sportsman's Warehouse for $109. They are a great value at that pricing point.

RW stated:

The clearance sale that has been going on at several retailers prices the Avids between $65 and $119. I bought an AC70MM at Sportsman's Warehouse for $109. They are a great value at that pricing point.

At $109 an Avid is a great value.  At $65 it's almost thievery.   ;)  

At $65 it's almost thievery

or wholesale.  ...lol

Or below dealer cost on some of them.  ;D

Yeah...I saw the Avids for around a bill at Sportsmans Warehouse.  An awesome deal that everyone should know about...they are worth $150 easy.  RW recommends Loomis/Yozuri/Shimano 99% of the time...but like me, a great deal is a great deal.  I am a Loomis guy myself, but bought two legend tournaments recently because they were marked down to $150.  I think he is excited about the deal he got, and should be.   People should be jumping all over that...we see posts all the time about which $100 rod is best...right now you can get an Avid for that.  

Yeah...I saw the Avids for around a bill at Sportsmans Warehouse. An awesome deal that everyone should know about...they are worth $150 easy. RW recommends Loomis/Yozuri/Shimano 99% of the time...but like me, a great deal is a great deal. I am a Loomis guy myself, but bought two legend tournaments recently because they were marked down to $150. I think he is excited about the deal he got, and should be. People should be jumping all over that...we see posts all the time about which $100 rod is best...right now you can get an Avid for that.

EXACTLY my point.

No, these are not my favorite rods, but they're close. I like them a lot and at this price they are a GREAT BUY.

I think he is excited about the deal he got, and should be.

Great rods, I agree. I own four, got them on sale. I can't tell from the posts if I've offended, if so then I apologize. It was intended more as a joke.

If I had a nickel for every time RW Spoke about Yo Zuri ultra soft, I'd be even richer then you!

If I had a nickel for every time RW Spoke about Yo Zuri ultra soft, I'd be even richer then you!

you beat me too it...  Rw advice has always steared me in the right direction.