Sign in to follow this  
luckyinkentucky

What's your favorite Baitcasting Mono?

I have all of my baitcasters loaded with Sufix Elite 14 lb. test right now, but find myself kind of leery to change to anything else right now.  I don't want to have to waste a day of fishing if I don't like what I've loaded up since I only take about 4 rods with me when I hit the water.  

Suggestions?  

I'm not sure what your question is.  

If your question is - should I respool to something else - then I have to ask why.  Sufix Elite is good line and unless there's something about it you don't like, why respool?

If your questions is - what's my favorite line - then I say Stren Original or Trilene XL.   But that doesn't mean I think you should strip off perfectly good Sufix.

Dont know what kind of stuff you fish but i would keep the Sufix on and then when its time to respool buy on giant spool of Sufix Elite 12lb and youll be set for a very long time. Elite is very soft and managable and doesnt have any memory issues.  

If you aren't using Elite, then I can only recommend Siege. I use both and think this is one of the better monos out there.  The grass isn't always greener. :)

I was mainly wondering if I had made the right choice with the Sufix.  It seems to be the least talked about line I have ever seen, but I really like it.  It casts easily, and has very low memory.  I guess I'm doing ok then.   :)

I was mainly wondering if I had made the right choice with the Sufix. It seems to be the least talked about line I have ever seen, but I really like it. It casts easily, and has very low memory. I guess I'm doing ok then. :)

What?

Sufix is mentioned as much as any line on this Forum.

I guess what I meant was that I don't see any advertising for Sufix.  I guess that's how they keep their money in the research and development department.  

Baitcasting i use the trilene XT 14# for mono.

Hasn't failed me yet....

Try some Sunline Defier.  Let me warn you it is high but it is one of the best line I have every used on BC equipment.  

On RW's advice I tied on some 12# Yozuri Ultra Soft and have never looked back. Many better fishermen than me only use P-line CXX but I find it to be to stiff.