Sign in to follow this  
bassboy1

T-rig rod - Need a bit of help.

I am ready to get a first real nice rod.  I use T-rigs a lot, and would like to get a rod for that purpose.  

I use weightless finesse worms a lot.

They cast great on my 6'6" medium action cheapo spinning rod.  But, I can't cast them for $h!t on my MH 6'6" casting rod, that is very stiff, so probably has a slow action.  The lure weight listed is 3/8 to 1 ounce, so obviously, I am not well tuned.  

I am hoping to use a casting rod for T-rigging.  As said, I do a lot of weightless plastics, but also will use spotstickers (shakeyhead rig) a bit more in the future.  It probably is too much to ask for, to try to use 1 rod for both, but worth asking.  

If yall use casting rods for baits like I mentioned, please don't hesitate to give me some advice.  

Thanks a bunch.

This is the rod I use for those same baits  ;)

Shimano Crucial CRC-X610MH

Length: 6' 10

Line: 10-20 lb

Lure: 3/8-3/4

Power: Medium Heavy

Action: Extra Fast

i use a 6' MH extra fast casting rod for everything...except weightless and small jigs....i use it for cranks, jigs, t-rigs, topwaters, everything....i use a med x-fast spinning for the weightless stuff

Cliff

I use the BPS Extreme Woo Daves Worm rod for my worm fishing. 6'6" MH etc... but, why do you want to throw a shakey head on casting gear? It's a light line finesse technique, unless you're going to be throwing some big ol' jig heads.

Whatever you decide, good luck and tight lines!

Only 3 people fish T-rigs?

Thanks yall, those are the answers I am looking for.  

I am pretty good on spinning gear, but am gonna possibly try and get it out of the equation in the long run, aside from drop shotting.  Any more opinions either way?

being that you are fishing a some-what light t-rig...i would go for a Falcon Cara.....and, I wouldnt bother fishing a shakey head on a BC set up.......stick with a spinning combo and 6 pound flouro for that.

You can use the same rod for T-rigs and shakey heads, if you're using approximately the same weight.  For example, 1/4 oz shakeyhead and 1/4 oz T-rig.  But if you want to mix a 1/2 oz T-rig and a 1/8 oz shakey head, that may be a bit of a stretch.

Bottom line is to find a rod with F or XF action, and is rated for the lure weight you want to use.

How much do you want to spend on this rod?

This is the rod I use for those same baits ;)

Shimano Crucial CRC-X610MH

Length: 6' 10

Line: 10-20 lb

Lure: 3/8-3/4

Power: Medium Heavy

Action: Extra Fast

here's a second vote for it. I have the same rod.  The only that makes it sweeter for me is that I got it for $59.00!  You'll cry tears of joy wielding this baby.

I fish tubes, brush hogs, and craws Trigged.  I use a Gloomis IMX 843c with braid and a fluro leader most of the time for that application.