Sign in to follow this  
Big T

Trilene Sensation

This has probably been asked but I can't find the tread. Has anyone used this line? I picked up a couple of spools that the local K-Mart had marked down to $ 0.80 for #6 and $0.90 for #10. I figured I would try it on a few spinnig outfits. I also picked up a spool of #20 Vanish Transition for $1.50. I am going to try this on my baitcasters. I figure if these lines suck I have not lost much.

T.

I got a free spool of 10 lb. last year, fished it all year long on one spinning reel.  Not much memory and decent abrasion resistance.

IMO it's good line.

Thanks Burley,

I actually bought some two weeks ago at the same store but it was $4.00 a spool for the #10. I saved my receipt and have not used it so, I think I am going to return it and save myself around five or six bucks

T.

Not a bad line but, not a great line! There are better lines out there, I use Gamma and Sufix now. :o

It's one of only two lines that showed less stretch than Pline CXX in the line stretch test a couple of years ago (it was close).  I had been wanting to try it, and lucked out last month when I saw a brand new bulk spool of 17lb in Cabelas Bargain Cave for $25.  It was untouched, so I gladly paid it.  I will be giving it a go on a couple of setups this season.

I love Sensation. I use it just about on every rod I don't have braid on. Low stretch, little to no memory, very abbrasion resistant, and very managable on spinning gear.

Thanks Burley,

I actually bought some two weeks ago at the same store but it was $4.00 a spool for the #10. I saved my receipt and have not used it so, I think I am going to return it and save myself around five or six bucks

T.

T.Stokes,

I picked up a couple of spools that the local K-Mart had marked down to $ 0.80 for #6 and $0.90 for #10.

Sensation is all I use (10-12-14 and 17 lb test). But don't be in to much of a hurry to return that $4.00 spool. The .80¢ and .90¢ stuff could be so outdated that it is no good (reason for the major price reduction)

Just a thought... :o

ReelMech,

All the boxes had the same design. I think they are just not carrying it anymore. I mean they also had boxes of flame green Fireline for $3.50 but had the smofe Firleine for the smae price. However I do see your point about being old out of date stock.

Thanks,

T

Sensations is probably my favorite line! Ike claims to have used it extensively when he won AOY. I have caught smallmouth up to 5lbs in current on 6lb Sensation! It is incredibly strong for its size and shows very little memory. It is all I use on my spinning rods. Sunday I was drop shotting with 6lb line and got hung up. While I was trying to break my 6lb line, I noticed that I was actually puling my 20' boat towards the dock I was hung under! I actually had to take the trolling motor and back away from the dock just to break 6lb line. I am actually thinking about usine 6lb for shakey heads since it doesn't have as much stretch as mono and obviously is strong enough to pull a 3lber away from a dock w/o breaking.

Sensation is Very Good Stuff!

If I were in the market for another copolymer line, two lines I would have under the scope are Berkley Sensation and Sufix Siege.

Berkley creates lines for every taste and for every whim, in spite of the manufacturer's own view.

To avoid a conflict of interest, Berkley must promote all their fishing lines with equal enthusiasm (different strokes for different folks).

About two years ago a Berkley salesman made a statement on the QT that found its way out of the box.

The Berkley rep stated that in-house testing concluded that "Trilene Sensation" is Berkley's "best" line, but that could never be published.

It's tested better than Trilene XT and better than Trilene Big Game. HHmmm bushy-browed.gif

Roger

Rolo,

Remember the old Tri-Max line that they discontinued. I'll swear that the Sensation line is the same line.....

I have used the Transition version with soft plastics for about three years and like it just fine.

Rolo,

Remember the old Tri-Max line that they discontinued. I'll swear that the Sensation line is the same line.....

To my knowledge ReelMech, the predecessor to Berkley Sensation was Berkley Sensithin (same line, new name).

Supposedly the only lines outside the Berkley house to surpass the tensile strength of Sensation were Remington Ultra & Australian Platypus.

Roger

Rolo,

To my knowledge ReelMech, the predecessor to Berkley Sensation was Berkley Sensithin (same line, new name).

Supposedly the only lines outside the Berkley house to surpass the tensile strength of Sensation were Remington Ultra & Australian Platypus.

Roger

Either way the Sensation line is all I use now..... :o