Sign in to follow this  
eyedabassman

Jigs & Fluorocarbon?

I think I will go to Fluorocarbon line for pitchin and flippin jigs! So what kind of fluorocarbon do you guys use and what pound test?

Thanks for any info you can offer. :) :)

I like 12lb or 15lb Trilene Professional Fluocarbon.  Can't say enough about how good this line is and for fluocarbon the price is not to bad.

10-20lb either cabelas or triple fish flouro.  Other then that I use braid

#15 BPS Flourocarbon, however towards the end of last season, I went with a spool of Trilene Professional Flourocarbon on a different setup and am thinking of going to that on all my rods.

I only use P-Line 15lb Fluorocarbon , no complaints.

I use 15lb Pline and it is fantastic!

I like 12lb or 15lb Trilene Professional Fluocarbon.  Can't say enough about how good this line is and for fluocarbon the price is not to bad.

+1  

Pro-Grade is the shizzle...

Would you guys still use fluorocarbon if fishing dirty, shallow water? What about heavy cover?

If I'm fishing really dirty water, such as chocolaty water...I'll just spool up CXX generally.  However, in a tournament I would still use Fluoro due to the sensitivity edge; I'll take any advantage I can get no matter how small.  Heavy cover doesn't deter me at all...just adjust your line size accordingly as you would with mono/copolymer.

I am fishing fluorocarbon line on everything that bounces on the bottom regardless of the water clarity.  The sensitivity is so much better than mono.  I am going to use braid for frogs and mono for crankbaits.

I use 20lb Berkley Vanish Transition gold for jigs and soft plastics.  The sensitivity is great and I can actually see it which makes it easy to detect subtle pickups.

I like Vanish and will be trying the Yo-Zuri this year.

But that Trileen product sounds interesting.

Darn, here comes the Bait Monkey.

I use Fluoro for all most all of my baits, including cranks.  Trilene Pro Fluoro is IMO the best.  I have tried almost all of them and this stuff is awesome.

Cy

I like Vanish and will be trying the Yo-Zuri this year.

But that Trileen product sounds interesting.

Darn, here comes the Bait Monkey.

The Vanish Gold is very week in my opinion.  Someone mentioned that they liked it.  My partner agrees, for some reason it's only the Gold color that was week.  We used 10lb line.  Lost several good jigs between the two of us.

I love Yo-Zuri because it's very soft and very low line-memory.  Use Real-Magic often and the line will stay memory free for at least 2-3 weeks.  Great knot strength and low vis.

I'm wanting to give flouro. another try.  I hear they are preferred for crankbaits and can allow the cranks to go deeper than mono/hybrid.  Plus the sensitivity picked up from the swith is always worth it.  My Avid crankbait rod is very sensitive.  I can't imagine how muc more I'll feel with Fireline or Flouro. :)

My buddy just recommended Trilene Pro Grade too.  Sounds like it's something worth trying out based on the comments above.