Sign in to follow this  
Linewinder

Decent spinning reel?

I am contemplating a new ML spinning outfit 10-12 lb range, 6ish ft.  I am certain that I want a reel that is 1) smooth and 2) does not wobble when reeled in.  I can't stand to have the take-up out of balance.  But I also can't spend a ton of money right now -- say $40, but will consider those on sale or used.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

For around that price, I bet you could get a shimano sahara on ebay. You might have to check often and wait awhile for the good deal though.

x2 on the sahara and id also look at a abu garcia cardinal

x2 on the sahara and id also look at a abu garcia cardinal

I'll second that on the Cardinals (I have two) and add that I have used Shimano Sidestabs for a while and like them quite well.

I'll x2 for the pflueger President reel.  I like the balance and they are smooth.  Perfect for the weekend fishing guy like me.

Vic

Welcome aboard!

You might find a used Shimano Symetre for that price. Many members of the Shimano Possee consider this to be the "Best Value" in the shimano line-up.

8-)

I would normally say the Sahara would be a nice reel but after using a buddies Pflueger President, it gets my vote.  It's a nice, smooth reel for the money.

x4 on the Pflueger President and the Pflueger Trion might be another option. You can also check out the new older models of the Okuma Metaloid that are available on Ebay in you price range. Hard to beat the Presidents for their cost, IMO:o)