Sign in to follow this  
skunked_again

carrot stix

where are you guys buying these? what are the "deal" prices?

Saw the Carrot Stix in the Cabelas catalog. Gotta be frank, I guess I'm more traditional, 'cause they looked awful to me!

A have to agree with ya there.  I don't have any experience at all with these things; and from what I read, they are great rods.  But, I don't think I could ever get past the way they look. :-/

Guest avid
Saw the Carrot Stix in the Cabelas catalog.  Gotta be frank, I guess I'm more traditional, 'cause they looked awful to me!  

Yeah, can't wait to taste, I mean try one in Avocado.

Saw the Carrot Stix in the Cabelas catalog. Gotta be frank, I guess I'm more traditional, 'cause they looked awful to me!

A have to agree with ya there. I don't have any experience at all with these things; and from what I read, they are great rods. But, I don't think I could ever get past the way they look. :-/

I think if you match it up with the right reel like a Daiwa Sol then it looks good.

A have to agree with ya there. I don't have any experience at all with these things; and from what I read, they are great rods. But, I don't think I could ever get past the way they look. :-/

I think if you match it up with the right reel like a Daiwa Sol then it looks good.

yup.  ;)

I think the orange looks great! You guys are crazy!

I agree with brokejew and actually like the color of the orange.  I dont think the orange rod looks any worse than those purple ito reels I've seen.  (No offense guys, I'm sure they are great), but seriously who really cares about the color, as long as they can handle the fish.  ;)

Saw the Carrot Stix in the Cabelas catalog.  Gotta be frank, I guess I'm more traditional, 'cause they looked awful to me!  

A have to agree with ya there.  I don't have any experience at all with these things; and from what I read, they are great rods.  But, I don't think I could ever get past the way they look. :-/

Just hold one and look at the price tag and your opinion will change. ;)

Just hold one and look at the price tag and your opinion will change. ;)

That's what happened to me when they got them in at my local fishing shop.

Looking for a rod $150 or under, the carrot stick felt amazing compared to all the other rods in that price range, and with what people say about them here I couldn't pass the deal up.