Sign in to follow this  
Jawjacker

Revo STX or Premier

I am new to baitcasters, but I just bought the STX. It is a well made reel, and seems to get a lot of good press...

The Premier was my first Revo and I just sold it.  The main reason I sold it was because I needed the money but I do feel the STX is just as good as the Premier.  The Premier was too light for me actually.

I've had as many as 8 Revos and I've culled my stock down to 5 right now.  If I had to do it all over again I'd probably get mostly SXs.  I really disliked that model to begin with but I can cast that model the most accurate.

good luck with learning baitcasting just be patient.  Your d**n right the Stx is a great reel.  I prefer it over my team daiwa advantage and that also is a great reel

I owned a Premier for all of 2 days.  I spooled it and cast with it and decided I just liked the STX better and returned it for that.  I think the STX feels smoother, and the Premier just felt too light.  

you wont go wrong with the STX. both of mine were dry as a bone so you might drop a bit of oil on it before you use it.