Sign in to follow this  
TheBeast

SpiderWire InvisiAnchorRope

uhhh I mean InvisiBraid.  I used 80lb. that was supposed to be 15 lb. diameter more like 25 lb. diameter and was supposedly from the name and description fairly translucent.  This stuff looked like a rope in the water and I could barely get it to double through the eye of a 1/0 hook to tie a Palomar and then the knot was bigger than the hookeye.  They say it is one of the thinnest diameter superlines, well 80 lb. PowerPro is nearly half the diameter.  I got this to put on my new Carrot Stick/Revo STX combo (which is a gift from God btw) for topwater fishing.  Don't see me using it for anything else unless I decide to head down to the river this summer with Burley and set a trot line or set some bush hooks for catfish.  

I have seen the line and no it does not disappear in the water. however, I would not go any higher than 65 lb. I use 30 lb when fishing for hybrids and it performs well.

I have been using Sufix and may just go to it exclusively.  80 lb braid for bass is pretty excessive IMO.

80lb braid?  Wow.  I didn't even use that when I was fishing exclusively for bull redfish.  But hey, to each his own.

I actually use 17lb braid and I use the spiderwire invisibraid.  It's not as invisable as the package would make you believe...especially for the price.  Maybe once it gets down deeper...I dunno.  I do like how the line performs though.  I think I like the original spiderwire better.  Gotta love moss green.

Was going with the 80 for really heavy cover and since it was supposedly only 15 lb. diameter it would have been great.  Put P-Line Spectrex 50/10 on it and it works spectacularly.  Had a 1/4 oz. practice plug on and could cast it 120' with just a wrist roll.

Well somthing about it is invisible, the money that left my wallet! It can be easily seen. Not a total loss for me as I put that line on my catfish reel. I will definately stay with suffix braid. Performance wise it handles well and casts well. I got 30lb.

Paul

I like spiderwire, but I don't go above 50lb test and I use that for frog fishing.  I use 20 and 30lb primarily and I agree the invisibraid isn't invisible to our eyes.  its just white.  I also noticed a difference in a new spool of 30lb.  I replaced some old from probably 2 or more years ago and the new I put on seems thicker and less flexible.  Anyone else notice this with new spools of spiderwire?

Spiderwire is pretty crappy. Sufix is where it is at.

Aint nothing wrong with 80lb though.

I don't think spiderwire is crappy.  its all I have spooled on and I love it.  Just don't like the invisable crap.  I can't remember the last time I've lost a fish becuase of my line.

I prefer Power Pro over Suffix and SpiderWire, but hey that's just me. :)

Power Pro is hard to find, so unless you order it, you aint buying it locally, at least not here.

I prefer Power Pro over Suffix and SpiderWire, but hey that's just me. :)

Power Pro is hard to find, so unless you order it, you aint buying it locally, at least not here.

Wal Mart even sells PP. So does Academy, Sports Authority, Gander Mountain...its sold everywhere.

spiderwire invizibraid is an 8 strand braid and is smoother and limper than sufix.it makes almost no noise.it is not invisible.i color the end black.the white is great for line watching.i like it better than sufix so far.