Sign in to follow this  
Krugey

Berkley Fireline

simply the best line i have seen in my times. I know its a remake of the old fireline but boy what a difference now. The 8lb test handles like a 12lb line. The low memory is so great on it. The line is so sensitive. You feel what structure you hit and when you actually get a bite. I love the smoke color. I swear its almost invisible in the water.

This line i would recommend to anyone!!!

I strongly disagree, i recently bought 30# fireline crystyl and it is the worst braid i have ever used. It has memory and if you bend it, it remains creased. This might just be because i got such heavy pound test but i would defiantly lean towards a suffix when looking at braid. however i did like the 8# fireline, it handled well, but made some noise in the rod guides that was annoying.

That surprises me. I thought Fireline was one of the worst lines I have ever used. It is stiff as a board, can't stand the waxy texture, loud when casting, and did I say stiff as a board.

Some people love it but I just don't understand.

That surprises me. I thought Fireline was one of the worst lines I have ever used. It is stiff as a board, can't stand the waxy texture, loud when casting, and did I say stiff as a board.

Some people love it but I just don't understand.

I had some, cut it off, threw it away, bought Power Pro and haven't looked back.

I had some, cut it off, threw it away, bought Power Pro and haven't looked back.

x2 - I think Fireline appeals to a lot of people because it's the only superline they've ever tried, but if they were to try Power Pro (or Sufix) they'd realize how crappy Fireline really is. What I can't stand is that the stuff frays like wow. Yeah I just said that.

hmmmm...well i guess some people just have luck with it i guess? and i seem to be that person,lol

x2 - I think Fireline appeals to a lot of people because it's the only superline they've ever tried, but if they were to try Power Pro (or Sufix) they'd realize how crappy Fireline really is. What I can't stand is that the stuff frays like wow. Yeah I just said that.

Berkley holds claim to a lot of "The Worst Line" categories.

Then, after selling crap for several years, it's reintroduced

as "New and Improved".

Burn me once, shame on you.

Burn me twice, Shame on me.

p.s. IronSilk was another, but it appears to have been discontinued.

::P

okay so what are your guys reviews on that new Charcoal line? i dont know who makes it but it comes out black to the human eye but underwater it comes out red.

I like Fireline for some applications. On the other hand, I have tried Power Pro and two types of Yo Zuri hybrid and won't give you a nickel for either one. IMHO, line choice is solely a matter of personal preference. I really get tired of hearing the praises of Yo Zuri, the stuff is like wire.

hmmmm...well i guess some people just have luck with it i guess? and i seem to be that person,lol

Explain please ?

I like Fireline for some applications. On the other hand, I have tried Power Pro and two types of Yo Zuri hybrid and won't give you a nickel for either one. IMHO, line choice is solely a matter of personal preference. I really get tired of hearing the praises of Yo Zuri, the stuff is like wire.

I agree about YoZuri hybrid but haven't tried Ultra soft.

I really get tired of hearing the praises of Yo Zuri, the stuff is like wire.

Really...

I guess we will agree to disagree. I have fished most lines over the years, but for the past 4 years, Yo-Zuri Hybrid and Hybrid Ultra Soft have treated me well. I'm still searching, but I haven't found it yet...

p.s. I like Sunline Shooter Defier quite a bit, but $40 for 330 yards is kinda pricy:

http://www.***.com/descpageLNESUNLINE-SLSD.html

8-)