Sign in to follow this  
Micro

Abyone with a Skeet Reese Revo?

I'm interested in some reviews, especially about the finish inside the frame under the brakeside cover. Photos would be nice. Thanks.

just buy one.................lol.

you know you want one.

its too bad they don't carry them at bps... i could use all my hard earned points towards it

Yeah. I already know that's not the way that reel came from the factory. I've seen the SR with it's cover off and that ain't the way it looks. But I don't own one and can't take a picture. That poor fella on TT bought himself a used-and-abused reel.

I don't own one, don't like the color or the price.

Micro,

I already know that's not the way that reel came from the factory.
I would really know how you know that!

Take a closer look at the images, most of that mess is from mounting a wet paint job sideplate onto the frame. That is the spool race and there should not be any paint there (interferes with the clearance tolerances). Also most of the so called damage you say you see came from a scraper that was trying to clean the paint from the race in the QC area. I don't blame him at all for being disappointed... That reel should have never left the factory.

Just my 2¢ from the bench.

Tight Lines!!!

I'm curious how you can question me when I say it didn't come from the factory that way, then yourself assert that it not only came from the factory that way, but it was done by someone with a scraper in the QC area.

I find that very difficult to believe given that this is the only example to surface in this kind of condition. Why does everyone else that has one say theirs is clean (as well as the the one I saw which was also clean - as clean as any other Revo) and this one is not only NOT clean, but literally beat to hell? Was Joo Kim having that bad a day? This reel is an aberation - no doubt about it. The question is the source of the damage (and it's DAMAGE, not a defect).

The poster doesn't say he bought the reel new. He doesn't even say where he bought it. And he hasn't responded to those questions. In the meantime, it's apparent these reels are being offered on ebay for less than $100 in "reconditioned" condition. I've seen several, and there is currently one (a left hander to boot) on ebay for $71. Isn't this a $250+ reel? And now they are available weeks after their introduction for under $100? Hmmmmm.

Sounds like someone bought, either intentionally or unknowningly, a USED and ABUSED reel. Possibly an evaluation model that was intentionally abused.  I'd send it back to the seller, and forward those pictures to the manufacturer. As it stands, this reels is SO out of the ordinary that it is not likely a factory problem.

Micro, the guy that bought it was just asking if anyone elses looks like that or has had problems with the paint. I don't think he was trying to bad mouth Abu or the SR Revo.  

Just a wild a** guess, but that reel on TT looks like a "home made" Skeet Reese to me. Take a beat up Revo S, some yellow and black spray paint = instant SR.

Micro, the guy that bought it was just asking if anyone elses looks like that or has had problems with the paint. I don't think he was trying to bad mouth Abu or the SR Revo.

Yes, I know that.  I don't have an issue with him at all.  I just have an issue with the assumption that it came from the factory that way.  I REALLY have an issue with the possibility he was TAKEN by somebody.  I've talked to him via PM and I hate to think that someone passed this reel off as new and he, or anyone else, got suckered.   Heck, maybe the seller got suckered.   Who knows.   But the way it sounded throughout the thread was that everyone assumed it came from Abu that way.  He never said that and I seriously doubt that they would let a reel out in that condition.  

I have nothing but respect for the fellow that started that thread.  

I want to know, how did the paint get in there in the first place?

Picture053-1.jpg

I would say the guy got a bad reel and should send it back to the manufacture.  They'll make him happy. That way he can put it back on his custom wrapped/color matching rod ........

Picture024.jpg

There seems to be a plethora of super low price Skeet Reeses available on ebay right now. I received a message from 'someone' looking into these reels. This was my reply...

-------------

The 'New" Revos for $178 aren't advertised as reconditioned. They are simply advertised as "new' at an exceptionally low price. So low that they seem questionable. Here's the link...

http://stores.ebay.com/AffordableFishing

This is where the poster bought his Skeet Reese Revo.

The "reconditioned" Skeet Reese reels I am refering to are popping up here and there on ebay from individuals. I checked and rigth now there is only one for sale - for $71 (now up to $86). It's advertised as a "factory reconditioned" reel.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Abu-Garcia-Revo-Skeet-Reese-left-hand-baitcast-reel_W0QQitemZ280246012997QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280246012997&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

Now I see "New in the Box" Skeet Reeses being offered for $130. This is a new advertisement since last night.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-Abu-Garcia-Revo-SKT-Skeet-Reese-baitcast-reel_W0QQitemZ150272215826QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item150272215826&_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

-------------------

How can anyone offer New In The Box Skeet Reeses (a $250+ reel) for $130???

I suspect something fishy.  If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

I suspect something fishy.  If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Not to mention look at his feedback rating, that sends red flags up and sirens off in my head.  Not your normal eBay seller with 98%+ feedback.

By taking a huge loss?  I can tell you that the dealer cost on a Skeet Revo is less than $190.

sorry in advance micro:

Fishtank: I saw your quote and thought you might like to hear that I have an autographed copy of fight club that read "I am Josh's book", an obvious reference to the series of books written by an organ in the first person i.e. "I am Jack's raging bile duct." It's in a display case with one of the bars of pink fight club soap.

Helluvan author that Palahniuk is.

sorry in advance micro:

Fishtank: I saw your quote and thought you might like to hear that I have an autographed copy of fight club that read "I am Josh's book", an obvious reference to the series of books written by an organ in the first person i.e. "I am Jack's raging bile duct." It's in a display case with one of the bars of pink fight club soap.

Helluvan author that Palahniuk is.

If we have any members who are wondering what a thread "hijack" is.......you just witnessed the most blatant thread hijack of all time.....so let's stick to the topic in the future.  ;D

By taking a huge loss? I can tell you that the dealer cost on a Skeet Revo is less than $190.

That's what every retailer strives for ::)