Sign in to follow this  
ghost

Curado E, Who's Getting One???

Sold my 2008 Curado 201D, this years model so I can get the 2009 Curado E, left hand in 7.1:1 gear ratio.  I really didn't like the extra weight & how tall the 201D had.  I am keeping the Curado 101D, since it's really a nice reel.

Just wish someone will come out w/ an after market swept handle like on the Daiwa Zillion & Advantage.

I'll probably be getting the 2009 Citica also.  I don't think Shimano will come out w/ a 6.2:1 gear ratio on the Curado E, so the Citica will fill that bill.

The Curado 201D on my Cumara felt clumsy big, the 101D feels better, but I want a faster gear ratio though.

So, who's buying the Curado E???

Also the new 2009 Daiwa Zillion in red is sweet looking, but I really like this years model in 7.1:1, so no plans on getting the 2009 w/ a slight increase in gear ratio.  Just not worth the extra money for that reel.

Count me in for 6-8 Citicas.  I'm throwing abec 5 ceramics in them, and I think they will be a mean little machine for $120.  Should look sweet on my Zillion rods as well.  I can't believe I am actually excited about the Citica...  

I am not planning to. I do not need nor want another burner. Definitely a Citica. I would go with the Curado E if they had a 6.x and I don't need nor want a 5.0 reel.

Dang, Shimano! I love ya, and you really done good this time around and I can see why you didn't make a 6.x reel, but I won't be biting on the Curado E. I think the Citica looks cooler and it has the gear ratio I want.

And besides, the Citica looks better IMHO. :(

I am not planning to. I do not need nor want another burner. Definitely a Citica. I would go with the Curado E if they had a 6.x and I don't need nor want a 5.0 reel.

Dang, Shimano! I love ya, and you really done good this time around and I can see why you didn't make a 6.x reel, but I won't be biting on the Curado E. I think the Citica looks cooler and it has the gear ratio I want.

Without question.  The black anodized spool coupled with the black drag star and handle taken from the Core just look sweet together.  I live two miles from a large anodizing company, and I will probably drop off the cast control knobs on my way to work one day.  Got to get those cast control knobs anodized black to complete the look!  

Without question. The black anodized spool coupled with the black drag star and handle taken from the Core just look sweet together. I live two miles from a large anodizing company, and I will probably drop off the cast control knobs on my way to work one day. Got to get those cast control knobs anodized black to complete the look!

Now you're talking! Mind if I send you my cast control knob too? I agree with your sense of aesthetics.

I mentioned to Ghost elsewhere the "difficulty" or "reluctance" I have of going backward gearwise, but I have to make an exception for the Citica, but it isn't much of a step backwards on looks alone.  :)

Count me in for 6-8 Citicas. I'm throwing abec 5 ceramics in them, and I think they will be a mean little machine for $120. Should look sweet on my Zillion rods as well. I can't believe I am actually excited about the Citica...

i was wondering this myself .... if you were to upgrade the berrings ,,, would the new citica out preform the new cu .... after all its not the number of berrings its the quality of berrings ,, right ... the olny real difference other than color is the 2 berrings ,, right ... ohh and that little bit of weight ,,, but who would even notice that ??? i was just thinking about this myself too ...

ohh and the gear ratios ,,, my badd ... but the 6:2 is pritty common ... i wondered why it wasnt offered in the new cu ...

I plan to get one....just not right when they are released.Gonna go with the slower model for cranking.Pretty sure i'm gonna be throwing the reel on a 7'2" Parabolic carrot stick.

ohh and the gear ratios ,,, my badd ... but the 6:2 is pritty common ... i wondered why it wasnt offered in the new cu ...
It is in the 300E 6.2:1 :(

i ment in the smaller size ... that 300 sounds like another tank ..

I was in the process of buying an E7 but I got a really good deal on the Core MGFV so I bought it instead. Maybe I"ll buy the Curado next time around.