Sign in to follow this  
TruiteBR

Yo Zuri hybrid

Which yozuri hybrid line do you use for baitcasters? I know the Ultra Soft is supposed to be a spinning line; however I know some people are using them on baitcasters. What is the advantage?

I'm not sure what the ultimate advantage is, but for me the ultra soft is the one line with the least memory. I also think it is one of strongest lines I've fished. Someone else will be along with more specifics, but this is why I like it. BTW, nice fish in the avatar.

Hybrid is low stretch.  It has a little stretch, but not a lot.

It has good knot strength.

It has high over-all strength.  It is stronger than its rated test.

It has high abrasion resistance.

It is a little stiffer than mono, but less than pure fluoro.

It is affordable.  A little more than mono, but a lot less than fluoro.

IMO, 12# test is the best all-round test.  I use 10# on some of my lighter baitcast rigs.

i love it. 15lb. on both my c-rig annd my spinnerbait rod. glad i made the switch.

How is this line for top water?  I have heard a lot of guys use mono for top water, because of its ability to float.  I also presume since Yo Zuri comes in clear it is an excellent choice for clear water?

How is it for spinners, crank baits and plastics?

Looking for a great all around line, besides braid.

Thanks, :)

I haven't found anything it's not good at.  It may not be the BEST at everything, but it, so far, has been good at everything I've tried.  If I had to have one line (in fact, I really do), this would be it.

Looking for a great all around line, besides braid.

You just found it.  :)

thanks guys. which should I try, the Yo Zuri Hybrid or the Yo Zuro Hybrid Ultra Soft?

x2, and what color does everyone suggest?  Mainly stained ponds and lakes.

thanks guys. which should I try, the Yo Zuri Hybrid or the Yo Zuro Hybrid Ultra Soft?

the regular hybrid has more flourocarbon in it while the ultra soft has more nylon (mono) in it. so, in a baitcaster, either is fine but my personal preference is the regular hybrid as it will have less stretch and sink faster than the ultra soft even though it is slightly stiffer.

Go with the Ultra Soft, you will never look back...   I am even using 6 lb. on my baitcaster that I use for weightless plastics...  works great.

Color?  I use the camo green?  for everything.  Although, I am thinking of getting something in a bright color since I seem to be going blind in my old age.... can not see my line half the time...

Where is the best place to buy it on-line?  BP does not seem to carry the ultra soft, at least it is not listed on the web site.

man this stuff is so cheap...?

11.99 for 600 yards.

I pay more then that for 150 yards of powerpro or suffix.  I also bought spiderwire mono for more then that and only 150 yrds.

It is surprising that something RW(mr.shimano, g.loomis) so adamantly endorses is priced this well. That is not a jab at RW at all, I trust his opinion and I will definitely be trying it since it is no huge investment.

well darn.

i payed 14.88 for my 600yd spool of 15lb and i thought it was a deal.

seriously.  great line..... may never buy another.