Sign in to follow this  
The Rooster

Browing baitcast reels

Can anyone tell me if the Browning Midas or Citori baitcast reels are larger framed reels compared to reels like the BPS Extreme or Abu Garcia Revo, or are they comparable in size??  I want a reel that's pretty small in profile and BPS has a good deal on the Midas right now, on sale for $100.  But a few years ago I was at a BPS and looked at the Medallion reel up close, and I believe it's the same size as the Midas, and at that time it impressed me as being bulky in size.  Now I can't remember anymore.  

You can get a nitro reel for $99 bucks right now. Match it with the rod of your expense, and you will have the end all be all of baitcasters. I can switch from a 3/8 crankbait to a 1/8 texas rig worm with no adjustments and still throw it a half mile.

That Nitro is pretty large isn't it??  It's line capacity is more than the Brownings I'm talking about, even though it looks just like them.  It does look like it's a nice reel though.  

That Nitro is pretty large isn't it?? It's line capacity is more than the Brownings I'm talking about, even though it looks just like them. It does look like it's a nice reel though.

Deeper spool.

The nitro wont let you down, it's light, cast adjustmet is as easy as a bps extreme reel, and the size is compareable to the JM sig series reels, or last years curado's. The browning combo gives you a decent reel with a horrible rod. Now you know why they stay on sale.

Yeah I'm not interested in their rods at all.  I already decided a while back that the ONLY rod I'm gonna use for all my baitcast combos will be a Shimano Compre.  No exceptions on that.

I have a Browning Citori for my grandson. It is bigger than the Revo. That's why when he goes fishing with me I have one less Revo to fish with, because my grandson lets the Citori sit in the back of the boat, and uses one of my Revo's.

Falcon

I've used my friends Browning Midas and it is a very sturdy reel, the brake system isn't simple to adjust, internal and seems fragile.

I don't know about the Midas but the Citori's are freakin bulky.  They don't weigh that much but they are pretty big.  They sit pretty high on a rod.  I have two and they are a quality reel but after holding my Revo's they feels pretty awkward.

I have such a hard time with baitcasters. I fish with spinning reels but I have a brand new baitcaster in my closet. I would love to learn how to use it without cutting out a birdnest for the first few months. I guess you could say I am afraid of it. It doesn't seem to come natural to me unfortunately.

you might check out the BROWNING AGGRESSOR........ it's been priced real low on EBAY lately........... 11BB