Sign in to follow this  
jesse893

revo s any good??

i have heard its better than the sx.

it felt smooth and i was considering getting one. i hear nothing but good about them.

Great drag.  Great feel on the rod.  Great line capacity. Solid feeling reel.  Centrifugal braking is easier to set up than on the SX or STX.  I've got a pair of them and love them.  

I really like mine, i have cast some really light lures with it and have had no problems, i just bought a new citica e and it might cast slightly farther but i think the revo is just as good.

It's a nice reel.  However, I think my SX's put it to shame.  The SX can cast a ton further.  Both great reels though if you don't won't to spend the extra 50 bucks or so.

If having to play around with vbs style brakes is your thing go for it. I'll be the guy with an stx,and sx reeling in fish while you play with your brakes.

ps you can convert the skt model(yellow and black) by swapping spools and side plates with a sx. ;D

I own all the Revos, except the Skeet Reese and Inshore.  The S is a fantastic reel.  It is built as well as any of them and performs as well as any of them, even the STX.  The only drawback is the brake, which is much less convenient to adjust than the SC/SX/STX.

If you prefer the externally adjustable magnetic brake, then I recommend the Revo SC, a Cabelas exclusive.  The SC is merely an S, except it has a magnetic brake and is painted red.  I have two of these and they are truly fantastic reels.

No matter which Revo you choose, you will end up with a great reel.

ps you can convert the skt model(yellow and black) by swapping spools and side plates with a sx. ;D

Not that simple.  The SR Revo has the InfiniSpool system, the SX does not.  

it seems as though there is 2 totally opposite veiws on this brake set-up , MICRO says it's harder than the SX and STX , then CART7T says it's easier than the SX and STX !! the reason i want to know is that im looking into getting the REVO S cause i think the REVO line of reels is whats best for in my price range (budget) and im gonna get three of them to go on some OKUMA rods , so if it's gonna take a few more dollars to add to my budget , than should i get the SX ?? yeah , i would love to get the STX , but that's not really feasible any time soon . i want all three reels the same on my rods so i can be comfortable when i pick up another rod while im fishing and be able to set it up alot quicker ....

Here's the "brake" thread, so let's not rehash it here:

http://www.bassresource.com/bass_fishing_forums/YaBB.pl?num=1222553329

Most people like their Revo regardless of the series. You will probably like it, too. If you skim back through 20 pages or so in this section, you will find high praise for a number of brands. Most of us have a favorite and a bias.

8-)

I only own the S-L and have serviced ALL of the others. No matter which Revo you settle on you will not regret the purchase. :)

Here's the "brake" thread, so let's not rehash it here:

http://www.bassresource.com/bass_fishing_forums/YaBB.pl?num=1222553329

Most people like their Revo regardless of the series. You will probably like it, too. If you skim back through 20 pages or so in this section, you will find high praise for a number of brands. Most of us have a favorite and a bias.

8-)

yeah , i have previously read it , so the debate still goes on !!!??? btw , are you still using yours ???  ;D

I only own the S-L and have serviced ALL of the others. No matter which Revo you settle on you will not regret the purchase. :)
im also interested in this thread too , your recommendation i can consider VERY VERY GOOD  since you know alot of ''in depth knowledge'' about these reels  ;):)

btw , are you still using yours?

My STX has replaced a CTE200GT on a G.Loomis MBR844C.

I am using this rod & reel as my dedicated jig rig. It's working

out fine with minor tweaks, but no major adjustments. I plan to

fish this through the winter and decide whether or not to keep

the reel next spring.

8-)

btw , are you still using yours?

My STX has replaced a CTE200GT on a G.Loomis MBR844C.

I am using this rod & reel as my dedicated jig rig. It's working

out fine with minor tweaks, but no major adjustments. I plan to

fish this through the winter and decide whether or not to keep

the reel next spring.

8-)

your a good sport , i probably should not of poked fun at you about using the Abu , i read that you are dedicated to shimano reels ....  :)

One other question, does the side plate fall off when.. you take it off to adjust the brakes or does it hang there like some shimano products

On my S-L loosen the thumbscrew, twist the side plate up and it comes off. No it doesn't just hang there..

Tight Lines!!!!