Sign in to follow this  
Danny1991

Powell Rods?

What do you guys think of Powell rods? Im thinking of getting a 704 CB for Christmas for all my shallow-med crankin. I'll be pairing it up with either a Quantum Energy or Tour Edition reel.

Thanks for any input :)

Welcome to the board  8-)

I was just recently introduced to Powell rods and quickly fell in love.  I have 3 Powell casting rods.  They are all really light, super sensitive, and balance nicely.  Not to mention the price tag is hard to beat for that quality of a rod.

Great rods.  Great price.  I own four.

I got a couple Powells and love them. They are great rods, especially now with the lower pricing. I recently traded my 765 in for a new one and they now have the hook holder on the split grip. I liked it better on above the reel seat, but I will get used to it.

Its so you don't nick up the business end of the blank, doesn't catch line  on the cast, its out of the way when you are casting and retrieving, and makes it easier to carry with a bait attached since most people carry them above the reel seat.

Its so you don't nick up the business end of the blank, doesn't catch line on the cast, its out of the way when you are casting and retrieving, and makes it easier to carry with a bait attached since most people carry them above the reel seat.

That makes sense! thanks :)

funny this thread was started, i was just looking at them. lol. i also need a rod to pair up with a tour edition. how do you guys feel these stack up to a shimano crucial??

The folks at Tackle Tour really like them.

www.tackletour.com

I like them auite a bit better than the crucials, they arent as sensitive as the cumaras, but they have more backbone. Best rod value out there IMO.