Sign in to follow this  
coolhandlala

Has anyone tried Fireline Braid?

Its fused line, not braid.  I personally don't like it at all.  

Nevermind, I see they've come out with a real braided line: http://www.berkley-fishing.com/prod.php?k=124927&sk=47013&u=FB300.  Never used it.  Not switching to this when Power Pro works so well.

If it's anything like the original...then I will stick with Sufix.

Junk, Buy the Sufix, I think they have the best braid! :(

Junk, Buy the Sufix, I think they have the best braid! :(

Please let us know about your fishing experience with the Fireline braid that led to your opinion that it was "junk".

I tried the original fused Fireline for a year.  It was a big headache with knots appearing in the line and odd breakoffs half way back to the reel on hangups.

I got rid of it and went to Power Pro several years ago.  I have some PP on reels which have been in place for over 5 years.

I tried the original fused Fireline for a year. It was a big headache with knots appearing in the line and odd breakoffs half way back to the reel on hangups.

I got rid of it and went to Power Pro several years ago. I have some PP on reels which have been in place for over 5 years.

Steve IA, This is the reason, I had the same problems! Iwent to the Sufix and Power Pro and NEVER had any problems. I do like the Sufix  bit better than Power Pro.

I have used fireline crystal for a year now and have not had one problem with it yet. I used the 8 pound test fished with it almost everyday of the summer. I have never broke this line. The only thing is it is not "crystal" it looks like anchor rope.

I have used fireline crystal for a year now and have not had one problem with it yet. I used the 8 pound test fished with it almost everyday of the summer. I have never broke this line. The only thing is it is not "crystal" it looks like anchor rope.

Maybe it would be a good froggin line? 8-)

X2, but I use it with a flouro leader and it works fine in that application.

I tried the original fused Fireline for a year. It was a big headache with knots appearing in the line and odd breakoffs half way back to the reel on hangups.

I got rid of it and went to Power Pro several years ago. I have some PP on reels which have been in place for over 5 years.

Steve IA, This is the reason, I had the same problems! Iwent to the Sufix and Power Pro and NEVER had any problems. I do like the Sufix bit better than Power Pro.

I believe the original question was concerning the Fireline braid that has only recently been released. It isn't the original fused braid but is an eight carrier braid that has a radial cross section and isn't fused. If I read between the lines of your post, you haven't fished it yet.

Steve IA, This is the reason, I had the same problems! Iwent to the Sufix and Power Pro and NEVER had any problems. I do like the Sufix bit better than Power Pro.

I believe the original question was concerning the Fireline braid that has only recently been released. It isn't the original fused braid but is an eight carrier braid that has a radial cross section and isn't fused. If I read between the lines of your post, you haven't fished it yet.

Your are wright I have not used the new stuff! I am sorry for jumping the gun! That's what happens when you get old! :'( :-/

sorry, but Power Pro is Power Pro, and I dn't think I'll give the new fireline a try.  Don't fix wats not broke in my case :(

Reading "between the lines" of your posts, it occurred to me that you might want to try waking up on the opposite side of the bed tomorrow IMHO. :):(

Speaking of new braids, has anyone used Daiwa Samurai Braid? I never heard of it before this weekend.?

I was in the Daiwa booth at the Richmond Expo and noticed a multi-color braid on a large spool. After a few questions about it the rep. mentioned smaller spools in a solid color were available. When I read the label, it had the same diameter to pound test as the second generation Spiderwire 6/30 which was my favorite until they made it fatter as 8/30 which is like Power Pro, Suffix, and a few more. The Samurai is an eight-braid weave which gives it a smoother finish and maybe the Fireline Braid is the same constuction. The price is about what Spiderwire 6/30 used to be when it was first marketed.