Sign in to follow this  
retiredbosn

Yo-Zuri Hybrid lines

I'm researching fishing lines still.  I have looked at Yo-zuri's line and others, but keep coming back to Yo-zuri, the price is ridiculously low 1/4 lb spools for 5.88.  The waterproofness of the line, the stated strength of the line, etc.  I am somewhat concerned about some reviews talking about how stiff it is.  So I can have a reference how does the regular hybrid compare stiffness wise with XT or Big Game?  I'm looking at the 12lb test for cranks and small jigs, then 15lb for what I call my power rod, don't see any sense in going heavier as the 15lb breaks at well over 20lbs.  According to tackletour however the H20 version of this line doesn't even have the breaking strength stated on the spool.  I am counting on the information given on the Yo-zuri site as accurate.  Is there any benefit to the Ultra Soft version? There is a lot of conflicting reviews on this line from being little difference in stiffness to being to milky.  Anyway let me know what you think.  I also have another line that I'm testing that I want to compare to the Yo-zuri.

I guess I'm more interested in the straight Hybrid.  Will I need to use a line conditioner to be able to use this line? How stiff is it?  Like I stated earlier compared to say XT or Big Game.

I guess I'm more interested in the straight Hybrid. Will I need to use a line conditioner to be able to use this line? How stiff is it? Like I stated earlier compared to say XT or Big Game.

get the ultra soft, its much better.

Yo-Zuri Hybrid is excellent line.  

The Ultra Soft is anything but ultra soft.  At least the Hybrid is halfway decent.

My use of Ultra Soft made CXX look like Trilene XL.

Try the Hybrid for yourself, at the low sale price you have nothing to

lose. I experiment with other lines on a rod quite often, but I'm still

fishing Hybrid and Hybrid Ultra Soft as my standard. I think you will

like the performance and handling of #12 on your baitcasting gear.

8-)

i use the 12# hybrid for all moving baits anymore...all in all, it leans more towards the xt type of lines than an xl type of line.

not near as unmanageable in the colder waters, imo, as the xt or big game.

I even use Yo-Zuri Hybrid for fishing frogs.  It's stronger than its rated test.  It has virtually no stretch.  And it doesn't foul up on high water lilies like braid always seemed to do for me.

The Ultra Soft is anything but ultra soft. At least the Hybrid is halfway decent.

My use of Ultra Soft made CXX look like Trilene XL.

Sorry you had such bad experience with it. The Ultra Soft that I have used is limper than wet ramen. especially if you stretch it a little, kinda like flyfishing line.

The 2 and 4 lb US is soft enough to sew together two strands of cooked spaghetti.

I guess I'm a little backwards, the softer the line the more nests I get.  I like a little stiff line.  After I spool a reel, I go outside and tie the end of the line to a post I have ready and walk the line off the reel and re-spool with quite a bit of tension, seems to really help relax the line and I don't get hardly any over-runs.

15lb hybrid in smoke color is my go to line for a number of baits, i have it spooled on five different reels that I use for topwater, paddle tails, spinnerbaits, lipless cranks, and swim jigs.

Recommend it .... you can always re-spool when the line becomes coily. I change out about once a month during the fishing months. I like the 10pd test....At that price, might as well give it a try.

I like the ultra soft too....

One other thing....that liine is pretty darn strong....more than the lb rating.

I have always been a Trilene guy, but, after many recommendations from people on this forum I just bought a spool of 8# and 15# hybrid ultra soft from Cabela's this weekend.  I plan on using the 8# on my spinning outfits, and the 15# on my heavy casting outfit.  Hopefully I'll like it!

I just ordered a 1/4 lb spool of 12lb test of Hybrid and an 1/8 lb spool of 15lb from Bass Pro, the 1/4lb was 5.88 and the 1/8 4.88, what makes no sense at all a 275 yd spool is 8.49.  It is a great deal and if I don't like it, I'll just mail the remainder to someone on here.