Sign in to follow this  
mike bat

avid 7ft6 med-hev mod fast ??

anyone here use this rod ??? if so what do you use it for ??? i may get one to use for ptiching jig and lite flipping ... keep in mind i live in WI so our thick cover here is pritty sparce compaired to down south ... also croix rods seem to be under rated as far as power gos ,,, im geussing this stick would rate out same as a heavy from other rod companys ... also the mod fast action doesnt seem much slower than the fast action .... i had the LTB big gulp flipping stick ,, but that rod was just a tank ... the gulp also had a mod fast action ... i just think the avid will be a bit more my style .... i will run 50lb suffix braid ... mainly fish jigs from 1/2-3/4ths oz ... any thoughts  ??????

I think St. Croix lists that under "Salmon and Steelhead". It's too

heavy unless you plan to troll or throw big swimbaits. I bought a

comparable rod (AVC76HF) for striper fishing and decided it was

more than I needed. I gave it to LBH for swimbaits, but he tried

using it as an anchor without a rope! They don't float with a reel

attached.

8-)

I do not know that rod , if it is comprable in action to Cabela's IM7 tourny 7'6" med fast/med heavy it might make a good frog rod, for throwing way into mats of pads.'

I think St. Croix lists that under "Salmon and Steelhead". It's too

heavy unless you plan to troll or throw big swimbaits. I bought a

comparable rod (AVC76HF) for striper fishing and decided it was

more than I needed. I gave it to LBH for swimbaits, but he tried

using it as an anchor without a rope! They don't float with a reel

attached.

no RW ,, i believe this is the AVID  flipping stick ... its a one peice ...

and its identical to the avid 7ft med hev fast casting the olny difference is the 6inches .... also the action is very close to the fast action i believe there is just a little more tip but the action seems real close ... look at croix web page its listed under freshwater casting avids ...

That rod is an excellent Flipping rod.  My best friend uses this rod for flipping and I got the chance to use it earlier last year. In my honest opinion it blows my Rogue flipping stick out of the water. I'm still fairly new to bass fishing, but with the avid I could feel even the most sublte bites.  Hope this helps.

Jacob  

hey thanks for the imput ,,, im getting this rod ... i just wanted to hear some feed back ... i tryed it at the tackle shop and to be honist i was more impressed with the 7ft6 over the 7ft med hev fast ... that 7fter has been a main stay in my rods ...  ;D

The St. Croix Avid or Legend? I have 2 of the Legend 7'6'' MH Moderate action rods. They are made for pitching and light flipping, actually closer to a H then a MH. Great rod for pitching into grass and will handle a light to medium weight swimbait too. The Avid 7'6'' MHM is a one piece rod.  The Legend 7'6''MHM has a retractable handle like the 8' Legend Flipping stick and the 7'3'' Legend Carolina rig Rods.