Sign in to follow this  
pabassin

BPS Extreme or St. Croix Mojo

Looking to see what the better value between these 2 rods. I am planning to buy two of these, One spider jig rod and one tube rod. Both 7-'0" M action 1 piece. Two different prices Extreme is 70.00 and Mojo 90.00. Would there be any other recommendations around the same price? Thanks

I know st. croix makes a quality rod. That being said, when the BPS extremes go on sale they are hard to beat. I own like 9 of them. Great warrenty, hold up well, and are pretty sensative.

I feel that the St. Croix would be lighter, BPS rods tend to increase in weight drastically with increased lengths and power, but a 7' M shouldn't be that bad

I use the Extreme for Flippin and Pitchin and love it.

I haven't used the Mojo but I'm sure it's a great rod

Either should be great for what you're using them for

I just bought a Mojo spinner 7' med. and have only casted about 10 times, but so far so good. St. Croix's are great rods. Haven't owned a BPS rod since the Bionic Blade days.

I own one of each (both 7' MF) and would hate to give up either one.  The mojo is lighter and with the price so close I'd have to go with the St. Croix.

I just bought the mojo and intend to use it for senkos and light plastics.  I know it loads up well and casts nicely with a 5" senko.

The St. Croix Mojo all the way.  I do not like the power hump grip on the BPS rods.  The Mojo rods seem very nice, I have a couple of them and am just waiting on the weather to warm up to try them out.

Later, :)  

St. Croix Mojo hands down.  I have one Mojo and it is impressive for a $100 rod.  I also have a bunch of BPS extreme rods that I no longer use and they are duct collectors now.   LOL