Sign in to follow this  
hawgchaser

Quickly becoming a Quantum fan! Is hell frozen yet

As so many on this forum, I have always stayed away from Quantum. Last year I bought 2 PT Energy rods that I have absolutely loved! I think they are an incredible value at $100.

Then last month, I see the Accrist PT Burner on sale from $139 to $59. I thought what the heck and ordered one. What a fantastic reel!! I loved the reel so much I now have 3 and used them to replace 2 citicas and an old curado that I ran over in my driveway.

These reels are very smooth, cast well, but they really shine in the braking department. The ACSII is as good as any I have seen. I like centrifigul braking and the ability to control it externally is a big plus.

So has anyone else experienced this or does everyone think they still suck. ;)

BTW.. Part of my excitement cold be the fact I have boated 11 bass over 5 pounds this year! No monsters yet but my best start by far! :(

I actually like quantum products for the most part.  I have had very little issues with their reels and find customer service to be great.  Most of my spinning reels are quantum.

I've been a Quantum reel person since I got my Quantum Catalyst PTI-A a little over a year ago. I've read the complaints on them being a bit on the heavy side but didn't have a problem fishing with them 3-4days out the week and longer hours over the weekend. I actually got the reel used at a discount cause the handle was bent. I ordered a new handle from Quantum and haven't looked back.

Now I will be getting the new Quantum Catalyst PTI-B from BPS next weekend. I had a chance to play with it and the other newer models in the store along side my older Catalyst. The difference is like night and day as far as how smooth the new reel is compared the the A model. I also got the Quantum Accurist PT off ebay and haven't had a chance to get it out but read the reviews on TackleTour for the Accurist and if it performs as well as they say then I will be very happy with it.

I also have an older Quantum Incyte that I haven't had any problems with as well.

I do own other reels including a Shimano Sahara I just purchased this yesr but for me I'm sticking with whats not broken and works and its Quantum.

I have several of the blue tour editions, both baitcasters and spinning and I like them a lot. The only thing I will say I'm not super impressed with is the spinning reels. They're good but for what I paid I expect more.

I've been using Quantum rods and reels for 20 yrs now and not once did I have a problem with them. I use them exclusively.

I baught a TE reel when they went on sale last year and I love it! I would love to have one of the new TE's or Energys but a little steep for my budget right now! :'( I got a Citica E for Christmas and its a great reel too. so I dont think you could go wrong with either! (but the new Quantums look cooler!) ;D ;)

Yes, I buy Quantum rods. No, I'm not a fan of the Reels. Although, the new 2009 models look so nice.

I have 5 PT Superlite rods, and they are very nice, high quality rods. Lamiglas has rolled the HSX blank for Quantum since the original Tour Edition Rods were released in '90...and the blank is what makes the rod. They are indeed assembled in China now, but so are my Zillions and Cumaras. I'll buy a rod assembled in a chinese factory if it is apparent the company of origin is all over them like white on rice about quality control standards. Unfortunately, I hypothesize that factories run and supervised in this way account for maybe 2% of Chinese production. That said...I still can't spend $280 on a reel assembled in a Chinese factory. Manufacturing high quality reels requires time and skill; it's not something you want assembled in a factory where workers are rewarded for volume of production.l

I have an incyte spinning reel and a Energy EPT705 that I use for cranks and love both these reels.  I also have a Code that I use from the bank...it's not my favorite reel but it has done me good so far

Yup just ordered the energy PT 2009 model, I just couldnt resist.  Im a huge Daiwa fan, and this will be my second atempt at a Quantum.  My first one being a cheap KVD model.  So Im keeping my hopes up. ;)