Sign in to follow this  
Drewster116

Carrot Stix balancing rod weights

I have this rod in a swimbait version and have wondered the same thing.  I was told by someone that you can just put lead sinkers in there and surround it with cotton balls, but I have not tried that.  If you find the real weights, let us know.

Another idea... You can put some silicone in the butt end of the blank, then add shot as desired, and cap it with more silicone.

On a side note, I find it funny that the most frequent compliment you hear on a Carrot Stix rod is how light they are.  In comparisons, you see the light weight listed as giving the Carrot Stix an edge.  But then, I good number of people want to add weight to ballance the rod.  :D

NOT picking on anybody at ALL, and I do like Carrot Stix.  I just think some times the weight of a rod is over rated, and ballance point is often overlooked.

I use the rubber protectors you put on chair legs to keep them from sliding and damaging your floor. They come in 2 sizes, 1" an 1.250" inside diameter and are available at any hardware store. Insert the proper amount of standard washers to achieve desired balance and slip on butt of rod and secure with electrical tape. Might not look that great but cheap and works just as good.

I ended up getting one of those weight balance butt cap rigs from BPS and put that on my Mojo 7'H.  It took a little heat and some lube to get that thing on there, but the rod feels so much better now.  The only thing I don't like is the butt cap on that rod has a large profile.  So now the bottom of the rod looks like the bottom of a crutch.  I may end up taking it off and sanding the factory cap down or just removing it entirely.

Search Karrot weight on Ebay and you will find them... or I can make ya some...