Sign in to follow this  
Hatty

Back to the stinkin' drawing board... (CRAP!!!)

So... with the help of the board I ordered a MG51 shimano chronarch and an 7' St. Croix Avid MF...

Well the UPS guys decides to play Jim Carey from Ace Ventura and my Avid is in a million pieces.  Good news is that Tackle Warehouse is willing to ship me a new one, bad news is that I got the 7' MF for $130 and they are out of stock until JULY!!!  I am not waiting until July for a new rod so I got a refund to my credit card.

So I am back to the drawing board for my new 51MG.

$180 Avid 7' MF (Can't get the $130 deal any more)

$150 E21

$170 Shimano Crucial

$150 Quantum KVD Tour

Thoughts?  

UPS Sucks... I mean tackle warehouse shipped it in a bullet proof case and I guess they decided to run the brown truck right over the package.  "Hey guys, check this out..."  THUMP THUMP

Hatty

I don't mean to cut down too hard on UPS but I mean you should have seen the way they mangled this package and seen the AVID just trashed.

Tackle Warehouse was awesome about it though.

Back to rods... I named some in the $150 range but I am willing to spend as much as $400 on the rod alone...

So feel free to recommend the best of the best.

Hatty

If you really want to spend the cash, try out a G Loomis GLX. I have one and it is the most sensitive rod I've ever used. If not, Avids are great rods and are a good bit cheaper.

This is what I would do:

Kistler Magnesium

MgSWMH70 Senko Worm 7' fast Med-Hvy 9 " 1/8 - 5/8 oz 12 - 20 lb

And if you wanted to spend the money to get one of the lightest most sensitive rods money can buy then step up to the Helium Series...

He70MHC Helium LTA 7' Med-Heavy 7' Fast Med-Hvy 9" 1/4 - 3/4 oz 12 - 20 lb

He70MHS Helium LTA 7' 7' fast Med-Hvy 9 " 1/4 - 3/4 oz 12 - 20 lb

I have at least one of each of the 3 rods I listed and could not be happier with all of them...

As with most big rod companies you can spend anywhere from $100 to almost $500 on a Kistler. I don't think you'll be disappointed...

So... with the help of the board I ordered a MG51 shimano chronarch and an 7' St. Croix Avid MF...

Well the UPS guys decides to play Jim Carey from Ace Ventura and my Avid is in a million pieces. Good news is that Tackle Warehouse is willing to ship me a new one, bad news is that I got the 7' MF for $130 and they are out of stock until JULY!!! I am not waiting until July for a new rod so I got a refund to my credit card.

So I am back to the drawing board for my new 51MG.

$180 Avid 7' MF (Can't get the $130 deal any more)

$150 E21

$170 Shimano Crucial

$150 Quantum KVD Tour

Thoughts?

UPS Sucks... I mean tackle warehouse shipped it in a bullet proof case and I guess they decided to run the brown truck right over the package. "Hey guys, check this out..." THUMP THUMP

Hatty

Call or e-mail St. Croix Customer Service directly. If they have the rod, they will replace for you without delay.

8-)

Maybe you should get an Ugly Stick.

Can't break an Ugly Stick!!!!  ;D   ;D   ;D

I would suggest an MBR IMX G-Loomis. I held bot the GLX and the IMX and could not tell the difference. I fish with IMX's and they are great. That saves you 100.00 toward another rod . The 7' MH is the 843 model. I also heard (but cannot confirm) that Loomis made the glx's so light that the rod walls were thin and the rods were breaking. That probably was one run and not all the blanks. Just my 2cents.

Update...

SO, Tackle Warehouse calls this morning and says they were very sorry to hear about the broken rod.  They said I could pick any Avid I wanted for no additional cost and they would overnight it to me.

Talk about customer service; I was blown away.  The person on the phone said they wanted me to be satisfied and keep coming back to them for my fishing needs.

Amazing!

Update...

SO, Tackle Warehouse calls this morning and says they were very sorry to hear about the broken rod. They said I could pick any Avid I wanted for no additional cost and they would overnight it to me.

Talk about customer service; I was blown away. The person on the phone said they wanted me to be satisfied and keep coming back to them for my fishing needs.

Amazing!

Now thats what I call service!

Later, ;)