Sign in to follow this  
Hatty

Rod/Baitcast Reel for casting light stuff...

Team,

What does everyone recommend for a rod (length, etc.) and baitcasting reel for casting the light stuff... as well as what line size/lb would you spool on the setup.

I have always used spinning for this type of fishing, but have wanted to transition to a baitcasting setup just because...

Please recommend a value setup and a enthusiast setup.

Thanks!

GLoomis CR721/722 IMX + Daiwa Sol/Chronarch 50mg/Curado 100D + 6-8 lb test YoZuri Hybrid.

Wanna make it enthusiast ? just change the reel for an Alphas Itö/ Liberto Pixy/ Alphas Type F/Alphas R edition/TDZ105H/Scorpion 1000Mg and you got your enthusiast setup.

GLoomis CR721/722 IMX + Daiwa Sol/Chronarch 50mg/Curado 100D + 6-8 lb test YoZuri Hybrid.

Wanna make it enthusiast ? just change the reel for an Alphas Itö/ Liberto Pixy/ Alphas Type F/Alphas R edition/TDZ105H/Scorpion 1000Mg and you got your enthusiast setup.

Hey Raul!

I just picked a GLX BCR852 to match-up with the Scorpion 1000MG.

Ya think that dog will hunt?

-Kent

Hey Raul!

I just picked a GLX BCR852 to match-up with the Scorpion 1000MG.

Ya think that dog will hunt?

-Kent

Don 't know Kent, that 's a really lousy POS rod  ;) .... of course that dog will hunt and it will be a fun hunt; those 3 inch Baby Assassins, 4 inch grubs, 5 inch reefers, Finesse worms, 3-4" inch stickbaits are what I fish with my 1 and 2 power rods. Really fun !

what exactly do you mean by light? my lightest setup is not the most expensive r&r in the world but it will cast a 5 " senko tx rigged weightless a country mile. i use a daiwa megaforce and an all star classic 7 ft med action fast tip, on 10lb suffix seige.

Think 1/8 oz weight with a finesse worm attached... or just a finesse worm... or small crank bait... 1/8 to 1/4 oz weight stuff.

what exactly do you mean by light? my lightest setup is not the most expensive r&r in the world but it will cast a 5 " senko tx rigged weightless a country mile. i use a daiwa megaforce and an all star classic 7 ft med action fast tip, on 10lb suffix seige.

Dude a "weightless" 5 inch senko weights 3/8 oz with a 3/0 hook, any decent baitcaster can cast it a country mile away.

Dude a "weightless" 5 inch senko weights 3/8 oz with a 3/0 hook, any decent baitcaster can cast it a country mile away.

x2. 5" senkos are heavy. Any casting reel worth its salt must be able to toss those puppies.